Delicious and Crispy Low Carb Asian BBQ Brussel Sprouts are full of tangy and zesty flavours like soy sauce and a no sugar added ketchup. Tossed in an asian inspired glaze making them restaurant worthy. Made in the air fryer or oven method.
A perfect appetizer that gives some sweet and spicy flavours with ginger and chili flakes. Keeping it low carb, keto and diabetic friendly with only 3g net carbs per serving.
These keto asian bbq brussel sprouts are made crispy in the air fryer and are a great quick option to accompany a meal.
If you love your brussel sprouts you must check out this Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts recipe.
- Ingredients used to make these low carb asian bbq brussel sprouts
- Steps by step instructions
- Oven Method
- Recent low carb air fryer recipes
- What to serve with these brussel sprouts?
- How to store leftovers?
- Frequently asked questions
- Other recipes you might enjoy
- Low Carb Asian BBQ Brussel Sprouts (Air Fryer)
Ingredients used to make these low carb asian bbq brussel sprouts
The bbq brussel sprouts are tossed with an asian spice blend and crisped in the air fryer. Perfectly crispy and a burst of flavours.
- Ketchup: using a no sugar added ketchup like this one from Heinz is my go to ketchup but you may be able to find others at your local grocers.
- Soy Sauce: added a reduced salt soy sauce to this recipe as we are adding salt to the brussel sprouts.
- Ginger: giving these asian brussel sprouts some warmth and a slight sweetness.
- Chili Flakes: adding a bit of heat to this brussel sprouts recipe which can be optional if you don't like it spicy.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: adds an acidic element with nutty undertones to this recipe.
Steps by step instructions
How to make Low Carb Asian BBQ Brussel Sprouts?
STEP 1: Preheat the Air Fryer to 350°F. Then trim and wash the brussel sprouts. Cut in half and then toss with the olive oil and salt.
STEP 2: Transfer the brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket. Air fryer at 350°F for 8 minutes, then toss and air fryer for another 5 minutes.
STEP 3: While the brussel sprouts are in the air fryer make the asian bbq sauce by combining all the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan or frying pan. Simmer on the stove top on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Once the brussels are done transfer them to the sauce pan and toss in the glaze until well coated and mixed through.
Transfer back to the air fryer basket and air fry at 280°F for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy!
Preheat oven to 400°F and bake the brussel sprouts cut side down for about 20 minutes on a sheet pan, flipping halfway through. Once the glaze is prepared, toss with the sprouts and then place back on the sheet pan and roast at 400°F for another 2-3 minutes.
Recent low carb air fryer recipes
What to serve with these brussel sprouts?
These crispy brussel sprouts are best served as a side to a meat dish like these Low Carb Korean BBQ Short Ribs or this delicious Low Carb Hoisin Beef Bowl.
How to store leftovers?
It's highly unlikely you will have any leftovers as these low carb asian bbq brussel sprouts are quite addictive. However, if you do you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 300°F for 3-5 minutes. I do not recommend freezing them as they will be mushy when thawed.
Frequently asked questions
if you use too much or too little olive oil on the brussel sprouts they will not come out very crispy. You need to use just the right amount of olive oil so that it gets into the leaves which is why we cut them in half.
No, soaking them is not necessary.
A serving of these low carb asian brussel sprouts contain roughly 3g net carbs per serving and therefore should be ok for diabetics. However, different foods affect people differently and you should always monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Low Carb Asian BBQ Brussel Sprouts (Air Fryer)
- 1 lb brussel sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon no sugar added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds as a garnish (optional)
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F
- Trim and clean the brussel sprouts and then slice them in half.
- Toss in a large bowl with salt and olive oil.
- Air fry at 350°F for 8 minutes, toss and then another 5 minutes.
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan or frying pan. Simmer on the stove top on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Once the brussel sprouts are done transfer them to the sauce pan and toss in the glaze until well coated and mixed through.
- Transfer back to the air fryer basket and air fry at 280°F for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil. (optional)
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
The bbq is a nice touch!