Tender and juicy Keto Air Fryer Steak Bites are delicious morsels of heaven made with sweet and spicy flavours. Steak bites are a great way to eat steak and you don't need a knife for these tender low carb bites.
A full serving is only 1g of carbs and you can make this as an appetizer or a meal in the air fryer in just 5 minutes. A perfect recipe if you are following a keto, low carb or carnivore diet. This is also a diabetic friendly recipe and made sugar free.
If you enjoy a juicy steak you will love these little juicy sweet and spicy bites of meaty low carb steak bites.
The keto steak bites made in the air fryer are delicious and tender and don't require any marinating.
When I was developing my delicious Low Carb Steak Kabobs recipe I came up with the idea of these steak bites in the air fryer.
Ingredients used to make air fryer keto steak bites
Make this easy recipe simply by cubing your favourite tender cut of steak and then mixing it with a few seasonings and air fry for a quick 5 minutes!
- Steak: we love a good striploin or sirloin steak that packs a lot of flavour. I used striploin steaks for this recipe and cut them it into small 1" cubes. In Canada I order my meat through TruLocal.
- Brown Erythritol: giving these tender morsels a touch of a sweet caramelized flavour with Brown Sugar Swerve.
- Chili Flakes: totally optional but the hint of heat goes super well with the sweet brown erythritol
- Soy Sauce: adding a salty umami flavour to these keto steak bites just gives it that extra wow factor.
- Spice Blend: we use salt, pepper, chili, garlic and onion powder to kick up these cute little morsels of heaven.
Steps by step instructions
How to make Air Fryer Keto Steak Bites?
STEP 1: Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
In a large bowl combine the olive oil and soy sauce and then add the cubed steak. Mix until well coated.
In another small bowl mix the dry seasonings together and then mix into the cubes of steak.
STEP 2: Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray if needed and then transfer the seasoned cubed steak to the air fryer basket.
You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
STEP 3: Air fry the low carb steak bites at 400°F for 5 minutes. Remove from air fryer and top with chopped parsley and serve with garlic butter for dipping.
Top Tip: for more flavourful steak bites, let the cubed steak sit with the seasoning for a couple of minutes just to let the flavours mingle before air frying.
- Storage: Store the air fryer steak bites in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 300°F for 2-3 minutes.
- Serving Tips: these steak bites are great with a side of a Cauliflower Mash, Keto Fries or how about some Crispy Green Beans.
- Dipping: enjoy garlic butter steak bites by melting some butter in a saucepan and saute with some chopped fresh garlic until fragrant.
Equipment used to make keto steak bites
I do love using my Air Fryer and I use it more often than the oven. There are many air fryers on the market, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
You want to use a tender cut of meat for this recipe such as New York strip, tenderloin, rib eye or sirloin.
If cooked properly steak cooked in the air fryer can be tender and juicy with a lot of flavour.
Putting butter on steak adds extra richness and can soften any charred exterior making the steak more tender.
Meat on it's own if usually keto and since we only add a few simple spices to this recipe and sweeten it with brown erythritol it remains at only 1g of total carbohydrates per serving.
Sugar alcohols tend not to spike blood sugars and many diabetics don't have any issues with erythritol. However, the best option is to test your blood sugars after consuming to see how it affects you personally.
Keto Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F
- Combine the olive oil and soy sauce in a large mixing bowl with the cubed steak. Mix until well coated.
- In another small bowl mix the dry seasonings together and then mix into the larger bowl with the cubed steak.
- Transfer the cubed beef to the air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from air fryer. Top with chopped parsley and serve with garlic butter for dipping (Optional).
- for more flavourful steak bites, let the cubed steak sit with the seasoning for a couple of minutes just to let the flavours mingle before air frying.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines