Super easy Bacon Wrapped Keto Jalapeno Poppers are made in the air fryer and are perfect for serving to a group of friends or enjoying with the family. Personally, I like to enjoy these low carb jalapeno poppers all to myself, don't judge!
Easy to make with just a few ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. Air fry or oven bake methods are below.
Why you'll love this recipe?
Keto jalapeño poppers are always a good call because everything tastes better wrapped in bacon. That perfect combination of soft cheese with the crispy air fried bacon simply makes this app the perfect low carb snack.
Plus it's finger food so you don't have to worry about too many dishes to clean after the game day party. If you love jalapenos you must check out thie Low Carb Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Burgers recipe.
Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Double Chocolate Donuts
Ingredients for Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Bacon - well that's obvious, isn't it the best part? Or is it the cream cheese?
- Jalapenos - Goes without saying but you can also make similar apps with other types of peppers
- Cream Cheese - Cheese that gets extra soft and creamy when you heat it up, yum!
- Cheddar Cheese - because you just can't get enough cheese, plus the cheddar adds a little sharp flavor.
- Salt, black pepper and franks red hot sauce.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
How to make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers?
- STEP 1: First wash then slice the jalapenos in half and then deseed and trim.
- STEP 2: In a medium bowl combine together the softened cream cheese, cheddar, salt and pepper, and the franks red hot sauce.
- STEP 3: Stuff the sliced jalapenos with the filling mixture and then wrap with a half slice of bacon. You can pierce the bacon with a toothpick to help support it in place while cooking.
- STEP 4: Place each Jalapeño right side up in Air Fryer and cook them at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Before removing them from the air fryer container, allow a couple of minutes for them to slightly cool and set.
Depending on the size of your machine you may have to make them in batches.
To make these in the oven simply prepare the keto jalapeno poppers as above and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake them in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
This low carb appetizer is super simple to make and is a no fail recipe. Here are some tips and variations on making them.
Top Tip: cream cheese softened is a must for this recipe as it will be too difficult to mix it together for the filling.
Storage: store any leftovers of these low carb jalapeno poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Jalapeno Popper Bites: love jalapeno popper flavors but want a unique way to make them? Try this Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Bites recipe.
I do love making these jalapeño poppers in the air fryer, I use it more often than in the oven. There are many air fryers on the market, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make them ahead of time and freeze them before cooking the poppers, then pop them in the air fryer when you are ready to enjoy them, straight from the freezer. I would increase the cooking time by another 5 minutes or so.
Yes. Same time and temp (400 F for 15 minutes)
Make them without bacon, they are just as tasty. Try wrapping them in some of your favorite deli slices.
Each air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno popper contains 2g net carbs and they are keto, low carb and diabetic friendly.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Keto Jalapeño Poppers
- Slice each Jalapeño in half4 Jalapeños
- Deseed and trim each Jalapeño
- In a medium bowl mix remaining ingredients (except bacon) until well combined.6 oz Cream Cheese, 1 cup Cheddar, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, 3 dashes Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Fill each Jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture, I used about 2 tablespoons per Jalapeño
- Wrap each Jalapeño with a half slice of bacon. Pierce with a toothpick to hold bacon in place.4 slices Bacon
- Place in air fryer and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes. Can also use the same time and temp in the oven if you do not want to use an air fryer.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, we may receive a commission in return. I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines