Easy BBQ Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers are tender chicken strips seasoned and wrapped in crispy bacon with a low carb bbq sauce. With less than 1g total carbs per skewer, how can you go wrong with this recipe?
Only 5 ingredients and 12 minutes in the air fryer is all it takes to make these tasty chicken skewers. You can also throw them on the BBQ grill during the summer.
Who doesn't love bacon wrapped chicken skewers? When you want something quick and easy to make, with just a few ingredients, you will love this appetizer.
Make these air fryer bacon wrapped chicken skewers in the air fryer or on the BBQ for a family favourite meal.
Serving them on skewers makes it easy for the kids to enjoy without having to use utensils. Just grab the skewers with your fingers and enjoy! This recipe was inspired by my bacon wrapped sweet potato recipe.
Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
Ingredients used to make bacon wrapped chicken skewers
Air fryer chicken wrapped in bacon only requires a few simple ingredients you will likely have in your pantry.
- Chicken Breasts: we slice boneless skinless chicken breast into strips that easily slide right onto the skewers.
- Bacon: slices of bacon are wrapped around each chicken skewer for that salty umami flavour you can only get from bacon.
- Low Carb BBQ Sauce: we purchase low carb BBQ sauce online, but you may also find a low carb or sugar-free BBQ sauce at your local grocery store. If you are not watching your carbs you can use a regular BBQ sauce.
- Salt & Pepper: we only used salt and pepper to season the chicken as a lot of the flavour will come through in the BBQ sauce.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make BBQ Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers?
STEP 1: First preheat your Air Fryer (see grill method below) to 350°F.
Slice the chicken breasts into about 1" strips.
STEP 2: Skewer each chicken strip onto a wooden skewer. Do all of them at one and place them on a dish.
STEP 3: Salt and pepper each side of the chicken skewers and then wrap them with a slice of bacon.
- STEP 4: brush the bacon wrapped chicken skewers with the bbq sauce and then transfer them to your air fryer basket.
- You may need to make it in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. If need spray your air fryer basket with oil or cooking spray.
- Air fry at 350°F for 12 minutes, brushing with a second layer of BBQ sauce halfway through. Careful removing from the air fryer as they will be hot, tongs will come in handy for this.
- Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
BBQ or grilling method
Warm up the grill to a temperature of 400°F. Grill chicken on all sides until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F. Brush with BBQ sauce halfway through, and add more as needed.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Low Carb Steak Kabobs
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers
- Air Fryer Keto Nashville Hot Chicken
- Keto Air Fryer Steak Bites
Top Tip: if using wooden skewers soak them in water overnight to avoid them from burning.
BBQ Sauce: to avoid scorching do not over brush the skewers with bbq sauce on the first pass.
- Serving: serve with more bbq sauce for dipping and a side salad if enjoying as a meal. Storage: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Warm up in the air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
Bacon wrapped chicken breasts are super tasty and I love making them in the air fryer. Here are some other ways I have made this recipe.
- Spicy - sprinkle the chicken with some spices before wrapping it with bacon, like some cayenne pepper with garlic powder. If you can find a spicy low carb BBQ sauce that would work as well.
- Sweet - add a sprinkle of sweeteners like erythritol or monk fruit to the bacon to give it a sweet caramelized flavour.
- Nuggets - don't have skewers? Cut the chicken into bite-size and wrap with half a slice of bacon and pierce with a toothpick to hold it together.
See this Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprout recipe made in the air fryer.
Frequently asked questions
This is a keto, low carb and diabetic-friendly recipe as it uses sugar free BBQ sauce and contains 1g of total carbs per skewer and is sure to fit into your daily macros.
Yes, line a baking sheet with foil and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
BBQ Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup low carb bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F
- Slice chicken breasts into 1 ince strips.
- Skewer the strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Wrap each skewer with one bacon slice.
- Bursh bacon wrapped chicken skewers with the bbq sauce.
- Air fry at 350°F for 12 minutes, brushing with more bbq sauce half way through.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines