These Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pickles are an easy low-carb appetizer made with an optional jalapeno slice and brushed with a sugar-free BBQ sauce.
- Why you'll love this bacon wrapped pickles air fryer recipe
- Low Carb Meal Recipes
- Why do these ingredients work well together?
- Steps by step instructions
- How to make bacon wrapped pickles in the air fryer?
- Top Tip
- Make this recipe in the oven
- Recipe variations
- Frequently asked questions
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Pickles (Air Fryer)
Why you'll love this bacon wrapped pickles air fryer recipe
- Convenience: With just a few simple ingredients like dill pickles, bacon, and jalapenos, this recipe is easy to prepare in your air fryer, saving you time and effort.
- Flavorful Combination: The savory bacon wrapped around tangy pickles and spicy jalapenos creates a mouthwatering flavor explosion that's sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- Low-Carb Option: If you're watching your carb intake, these bacon-wrapped pickles are a perfect snack or appetizer choice, providing a satisfying crunch without the guilt.
- Versatility: This recipe can be customized to suit your preferences by adjusting the spice level with more or fewer jalapenos or experimenting with different dipping sauces like ranch dressing mixed with sugar-free BBQ sauce.
- Air Fryer Perfection: Cooking these bacon-wrapped pickles in the air fryer ensures they come out perfectly crispy and golden brown every time, without the need for excess oil or frying. Just like these Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts or these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
Why do these ingredients work well together?
These ingredients work together harmoniously to create a flavorful and satisfying snack.
- Pickle slices - The tanginess of the pickle slices pairs well with the smoky and savory flavor of the bacon.
- Jalapeno - This optional ingredient adds a spicy kick that balances out the richness of the bacon.
- Bacon strips
- Sugar-free BBQ sauce - The sugar-free BBQ sauce enhances the overall taste with its sweet and tangy notes, tying all the flavors together into a delicious combination.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make bacon wrapped pickles in the air fryer?
STEP 1: Preparation: If using - slice the jalapenos into coins and cut 5 strips of bacon in half lengthwise. Top each half strip with a pickle slice and a jalapeno slice.
STEP 2: Fold over the bacon, securing it with toothpicks.
STEP 3: Air Frying: Preheat air fryer to 370°F (187°C). Place bacon-wrapped pickles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
STEP 4: Saucing: Remove pickles from air fryer and brush with sugar-free BBQ sauce. Return to air fryer and cook at 350°F (177°C) for 3-5 minutes, until bacon is crispy and sauce is caramelized.
Serve bacon-wrapped pickles on a platter with your favorite dipping sauces like sugar-free BBQ sauce, sugar-free ketchup, ranch dressing, or any preferred dip. Enjoy!
To prevent the bacon from unraveling during cooking, ensure the overlapping end of the bacon strip is placed facing down in the air fryer basket. This helps to secure the bacon-wrapped pickles and ensures even cooking for a perfect crispy texture.
Make this recipe in the oven
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Assemble the bacon-wrapped pickles by wrapping each pickle slice and jalapeno slice with a half strip of bacon, securing with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon-wrapped pickles on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and golden brown.
- Optional: Brush the bacon-wrapped pickles with sugar-free BBQ sauce during the last 5 minutes of baking for added flavor. Then, serve with your favorite dipping sauces. Enjoy!
- Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pickles: Brush bacon-wrapped pickles with honey-sriracha mixture before air frying for a sticky-sweet kick. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
- Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Pickles: Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese before wrapping with bacon for a gooey, cheesy delight. Serve with sour cream and green onions.
- Garlic Parmesan Pickle Bites: Sprinkle pickle slices with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese before wrapping with bacon. Serve with marinara sauce for a savory twist.
To store leftover bacon-wrapped pickles, place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with aluminum foil.
Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat, reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through and crispy.
Alternatively, you can also reheat them in a toaster oven or conventional oven at 350°F (177°C) for 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
While it's technically possible to freeze them, the texture of the pickles may become soggy when thawed and reheated. It's best to enjoy them fresh or refrigerated for a few days after making them.
Yes, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon in this recipe. Keep in mind that turkey bacon may have a slightly different texture and flavor compared to traditional bacon, but it can still work well for wrapping the pickles. Adjust the cooking time as needed, as turkey bacon tends to cook faster than pork bacon.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #ihackeddiabetes on social! We love seeing what you are making.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Pickles (Air Fryer)
- 5 strips bacon cut in half
- 10 pickle slices see notes
- 1 medium jalapeno sliced (optional ingredient)
- ¼ cup low carb bbq sauce
- Slice jalapenos, cut bacon strips in half, and assemble by placing a pickle slice and jalapeno slice on each bacon half and wrapping them together, securing with toothpicks.10 pickle slices, 1 medium jalapeno, 5 strips bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (187°C) while assembling the bacon-wrapped pickles.
- Place the prepared bacon-wrapped pickles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 370°F (187°C) for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through for even cooking.
- Brush the cooked bacon-wrapped pickles with sugar-free BBQ sauce and air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes at 350°F (177°C) until the bacon is crispy and the sauce is caramelized. Serve hot and enjoy!¼ cup low carb bbq sauce
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, tips and variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines