If you like it spicy this one's for you! This is the best instant post low carb chili you will ever make. Seriously, this is a quick and easy instant pot low carb chili full of flavour and cooked in 20 minutes. You will not go back to spending hours on the stove after making this.
As a diabetic I still enjoy making dishes that I usually would but figuring out how to make them lower in carbohydrates so that my blood sugars are less likely to spike. I made this chili without the beans to help keep the carb count down.
Table of Contents:
- How can you make chili low carb?
- What is the best low carb bean for chili? What if I just can't have chili without beans?
- What is the best way to thicken the chili?
- How do you make low carb chili?
- Instant Pot Chili Instructional Video
- Let's Make the Instant Pot Low Carb Chili
- How do you store chili?
- What if I don't have an instant pot?
- Other recipes you may enjoy
- The Best Instant Pot Low Carb Chili
- Subscribe to our newsletter
How can you make chili low carb?
The easiest way to make it low carb is to not add any beans to the recipe. This way you can have all of the meat and flavour without the extra carbs from the beans. Plus you don't want to be known as being "full of beans". I don't know where that saying comes from but I've heard it a few times.
What is the best low carb bean for chili? What if I just can't have chili without beans?
From what I know the lowest carb bean is the black soy bean. It's about 1g net carb per half a cup. You can get your beans into this chili but it won't be the same as red kidney beans. The brand Eden Organic sells the black soy beans. Otherwise, make it without the beans and keep it low carb.
What is the best way to thicken the chili?
The best way without adding anything to your chili would be to cook it uncovered. Take the lid off and simmer for 20-30 minutes to help reduce some of the liquid. As this recipe is made in an instant pot, taking the lid off is not an option. You can remove the lid after the cooking time and simmer for 20 minutes.
How do you make low carb chili?
This low carb chili made in the instant pot (IP) is a quick and easy method. Saute the onions and peppers in the IP until translucent and add the ground beef and cook until browned. Remove any excess liquid, add remaining ingredients, pop the lid on, set the IP to chili for 20 minutes. Don't forget to set the IP to steaming. Done! Simple, easy and best of all, so flavourful. This will be your go to recipe moving forward.
Instant Pot Chili Instructional Video
Let's Make the Instant Pot Low Carb Chili
How do you store chili?
Best way is to store in thick, durable freezer bags. This will help with portion control and you can pull them out of the freezer anytime. Use them for chili dogs or as a sauce for your taco nights. Can be stored for 2-3 months.
What if I don't have an instant pot?
No sweat. Make it on the stove and cook on low heat for about 3 hours after browning the beef. If you have a crock pot you can set it on low and simmer it for 3-5 hours.
Other recipes you may enjoy
The Best Instant Pot Low Carb Chili
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 28 oz Diced Tomatoes Can
- 6 oz Tomato Paste Can
- 1 tablespoon Diced Jalapenos
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Raw
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Pepper Flakes (if you like it spicy)
- Set instant pot to Saute and add the green pepper and onion with a dash of salt. Saute until soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef and saute until browned. Remove any excess liquid with a spoon
- Add remaining ingredients
- Set instant pot to chili, pop the lid on and set to steaming and set the time for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes hit the quick release to allow it to vent
- Once completely vented, remove the lid and enjoy.
Looking for more one pot dinners? Make these Ginger Braised Chicken thighs tonight!
Subscribe to our newsletter
You'll receive an email every time we post a recipe, plus our top 3 recipes delivered to your inbox right now!