This Easy Keto Egg Bites in the Instant Pot recipe is made with just 4 ingredients and made in just 8 minutes.
Tasty bacon and gruyere make these delicious egg bites just like Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites with only 1g of net carbohydrates making them low carb keto friendly.
If you love Starbucks bacon and gruyere egg bites you will love this simple recipe. No more spending 5 bucks a day when you can make 7 keto egg bites for the same price. If you are a fan of Starbucks, you will also enjoy these Chewy Ginger Molasses Keto Cookies.
While I was making my healthy Keto Artichoke and Onion Frittata I came up with the idea to make low carb egg bites because I wanted another breakfast option that I could grab and go and it's an easy meal prep.
What are sous vide keto egg bites?
Sous vide is essentially a method of cooking by vacuum sealing and immersing food in warm water. We won't be immersing these egg bites in water but we will add water in the instant pot to help steam and cook the eggs.
We use an egg bite silicone mold to help shape the eggs into bites shaped like a dome. It's a quick and simple way to make these Starbucks quality egg bites at home.
These instant pot Starbucks copycat sous vide egg bites are made with bacon crumbles and shredded gruyere cheese. Simple ingredients to help you make meal prep even easier.
- Eggs: the star of the show and only takes 3 large eggs to make 7 egg bites.
- Bacon: giving these low carb keto egg bites that mild, umami and sweet taste of bacon. If you don't eat pork products you can swap the bacon with deli slices of turkey or chicken.
- Gruyere Cheese: One of my favourite cheeses, definitely in my top 5 and always have a brick of this nutty cheese in my fridge.
- Heavy Cream: used to add that creamy texture and body to these delicious instant pot egg bites.
Steps by step instructions
How to make sous vide keto egg bites in the instant pot?
To make these easy keto egg bites in the instant pot you will need an egg bite silicone mold and use the instant pot trivet.
STEP 1: You can either cook bacon and crumble it or use store bought bacon crumble. I like to microwave it to cook it a little more before I use it. About a minute on high in the microwave on a paper towel folded over it so it doesn't splatter. Fill each cup of your silicone egg bite mold with a teaspoon of bacon crumble. Set it aside.
STEP 2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk for about 1 minute until the egg mixture is frothy. Then add the finely shredded gruyere cheese to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Next transfer the egg mixture to the silicone mold. You can either eyeball it and try to pour the egg mixture evenly into the molds or use a spoon to transfer it over. It's approximately 2 - 2.5 tablespoons per cup. Leave at least an inch for the egg cups to rise during the cooking process. Cover the mold with the lid.
STEP 3: Once the egg mixture has been transferred to the silicone mold pour 1 cup of water into the instant pot. Place the silicone mold on the trivet and gently lower it down into the instant pot.
Place the instant pot lid on, set it to sealing and using the steam button and set the timer for 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes are up, do a quick release (cover release with a kitchen towel). You can do a natural pressure release but why wait?
Once all the steam is released remove the cover and gently raise the trivet out of the instant pot. Be careful as it is still hot, use oven gloves to remove the trivet.
- STEP 4: Allow the egg bites to slightly cool before removing them from the silicone mold. Remove by popping them out from the bottom and place them on a dish lined with paper towel to help remove the moisture from the steam.
Other low carb breakfast recipes you might enjoy
Not only is this recipe a great low carb keto option but is a great option for me as a type 2 diabetic with only 1 g of carbs per egg bite. These egg bites can also fit into a carnivore diet if you are strictly eating an animal based diet.
Top Tip: Cooking spray was not needed on the silicone molds as the bacon crumble was greasy enough. The egg bites plopped out of the egg bite mold very easily. However, if you are not using bacon or feel it may stick, you might want to spray the egg bite mold with a little bit of cooking spray.
- Serving: these egg bites are a great on the go meal prep for breakfast or any meal. Enjoy them with a little hot sauce, a dollop of sour cream or simply on their own.
- Storage: store these sous vide egg bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Prepping Egg Bites are a great way to get a healthy breakfast full of protein without too much fuss. Here are a few variations on how to make them.
- Veggies - add some sauteed chopped red peppers, onion and garlic for a hearty veggie filled egg bite.
- Egg White - want a leaner egg bite without the yolk? Just use 4 eggs without the yolk instead of the 3 whole eggs.
- Carnivore Egg Bites - these bacon gruyere egg bites are already carnivore but make them even meatier by adding chorizo sausage or some chopped slices of your favourite deli meat like salami or turkey.
- Cheese - don't have gruyere on hand, swap it out with your favourite cheese like provolone, mozzarella or fontina cheese.
This keto egg bite recipe is also gluten free.
Frequently asked questions
A bacon gruyere egg bite from Starbucks contains 9 grams of carbs.
Yes, you should attach the lid to the silicone mold before steaming in the instant pot.
Each egg bite contains roughly 99 calories per serving.
Keto Egg Bites Instant Pot
- ¼ cup bacon crumble
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Fill each cup of your silicone egg bite mold with a teaspoon of bacon crumble. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk for about 1 minute until the egg mixture is frothy.
- Add the finely shredded gruyere cheese to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture to the silicone mold, about 2 to 2.5 tablespoons per egg bite. Cover the mold with the lid.
- Pour the water into the instant pot. Place the silicone mold on the trivet and gently lower it down into the instant pot.
- Place the instant pot lid on, set it to sealing. Steam egg bites for 8 minutes. Do a quick release (cover release with a kitchen towel).
- Once all the steam is released remove the cover and gently raise the trivet out of the instant pot. Be careful as it is still hot, use oven gloves to remove the trivet.
- Allow the egg bites to slightly cool before removing them from the silicone mold.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
What a great breakfast idea. Make a batch warm up all we long. Perfect fit eating on the run.
Super easy, healthy and delicious! Love these for breakfast or a snack.
I'm so glad I found this recipe! Recently my dear friend has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I struggle to understand what to always cook for her when I invite her over for dinner. She loves egg and I love to sous vide! Kind of like a match made in heaven this recipe!
Awesome, i'm sure she will like them.
Bacon and gruyere, it's hard to go wrong with this recipe. We aren't even on the keto diet but love this for breakfast.
Right on, they are super tasty.