Yes, I did it! These Keto Dill Pickle Halloumi Fries are the best! No, Seriously, the best!
If you know me, you know I love my halloumi. Halloumi is a semi-hard, unripened, brined cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk, and sometimes also cow's milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled.
I love dill pickle so when I first tried Buster Rhinos dill pickle pork rinds, I knew I had to crush them and use to bread some halloumi. There is nothing better than a semi melted cheese, crispy coating and the taste of dill!
Check out the video how I made the halloumi fries and the full recipe down below.Jump to Recipe
Halloumi Fries Video Recipe
Halloumi Fries Recipe
Keto Dill Pickle Halloumi Fries
- 200 grams halloumi cheese slice halloumi lengthwise into 1 inch strips
- 4 oz crushed pork rind crumbs I used dill flavoured pork rinds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup olive oil for frying, depending on your pan size you may need more or less
- Use my Breadcrumb recipe instead of pork rinds
- Pat your halloumi dry
- Cut your halloumi into 6 strips as in the video above
- Scramble 2 eggs in a bowl
- Crush the pork rinds, I used a blender, then place in a bowl
- Dip your halloumi stick in the egg first
- Coat in the crushed pork rinds
- Dip again in the egg
- Coat once again with the crushed pork rinds
- Place each on a dish with wax paper or parchment
- Use a shallow pan and fill with about 1 inch of olive oil
- Turn your stovetop element to medium/low
- Once hot enough, place a halloumi stick into the oil
- After 1 minute or so, use two forks to flip the halloumi and brown on each side.
- Brown on each side until golden brown.
- They will brown fast so keep an eye on them and flip before they burn
- When golden brown to your liking place on a dish lined with paper towel to soak the oil
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Perfect appetizers for anyone especially those of us who have diabetes. As someone with type 2 diabetes, I am always on the look out for delicious appetizers and snacks that I can enjoy while having friends over. Creating recipes that will help keep my blood sugars in check while still being able to enjoy myself and live a healthy life is one of my passions.
Looking for more recipes? Check out all my recipes here.
If you like this recipe please like, comment and share and let me know what other apps you would like to see on my blog.