Tender and crispy Keto Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites made in the air fryer with a sweet and spicy sauce and ready in 15 minutes.
Only 1g of carbs per serving and is super simple and easy to make.
Pork belly is one of my favourite keto dishes and I often make it in a variety of ways including the instant pot or the traditional stove top method. All my recipes are made for people with diabetes but anyone can enjoy them. Check out my other sugar free pork belly recipes.
The best way to describe pork belly is a fatty slab of boneless cut of meat from the belly of the pig. The taste can vary depending on how you make it but it has a meaty and smokey umami flavour.
I prefer to prepare it sweet and spicy which helps cut the fatty flavour and give you more of a caramelized spicy almost bacon flavour.
Making these crispy low carb pork belly bites only takes a few simple ingredients. Made sugar free and is diabetic friendly.
- Pork Belly: cut pork belly into cubes or bite sized pieces are used in this air fryer recipe.
- Olive Oil: used as a base for the sweet and spicy sauce for this pork belly recipe.
- Garlic Powder: adding that nutty yet mild pungent flavour
- Brown Erythritol: brown sugar swerve gives the pork belly pieces a sticky and caramelized flavour
- Chili Flakes: this is optional if you want the pork belly slices to have some heat to them, otherwise just omit from the recipe.
I did not add salt to this recipe as I don't think it needs it. However you may prefer to add salt.
How to make Keto Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
STEP 1: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Slice the pork belly into once inch cubes or bite sized pieces and place into a medium bowl.
Next, add the remaining ingredients, toss until all the pork belly bites are well coated. Then spray the preheated air fryer basket with cooking spray if needed and place pork belly into the basket.
Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do this in batches. Make sure there is a little space between each piece and they are not touching. We want the pork belly pieces to get air flowing around them.
STEP 2: Cook pork belly for 15 - 20 minutes at 400°F. Toss or flip the pork belly bites every 5 minutes.
Cook until your desired consistency, I prefer mine a little crispy and golden brown and I only needed to air fry for 15 minutes. However, if you like your pork belly to be extra crispy you may need more time.
Sprinkle the air fryer crispy pork belly with fresh chopped parsley, chili flakes and serve with a side of soy sauce.
Crispy pork belly - Leave room between each pork belly slice to allow plenty of air flow. The more room the crispier the pork belly will be and will cut down on cooking time.
I enjoy dipping these sweet and spicy keto air fryer pork belly bites in soy sauce. Pork belly is often served with something vinegary to cut the fattiness like a side of pickles or coleslaw.
Store the crispy pork belly bites in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in a frying pan.
Freeze the cooked pork belly in an airtight container for up to a month. To thaw allow to get to room temperature and then heat up in a frying pan on the stove.
There are many variations to enjoy a keto low carb pork belly, here are just a few ideas.
- Sweet - instead of brown sugar erythritol you can add a hint of maple and use a sugar free maple syrup.
- BBQ Sauce - if you have a low carb BBQ sauce you can add some instead of making your own sauce or simply use the sauce for dipping.
- Nachos - why not have nachos and use the pork belly as the base, top with shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa for a mexican feast.
This recipe is also gluten free.
Equipment used to make the pork belly
My favourite kitchen appliance is definitely the air fryer. I do get a lot of use out of it. If you are looking to purchase one, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
You may have failed to leave enough room between the pork belly pieces or you did not toss the bites every 5 minutes during the cooking process.
Pork belly is uncured, unsmoked and unsliced where bacon is typically cured, smoked and sliced. Both come from the belly of the pig.
Yes, see my instant pot pork belly recipe.
Yes, see my sweet and spicy keto pork belly recipe.
No boiling is not required for this keto air fryer pork belly recipe.
Keto Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Slice pork belly into bite sized pieces then toss in a bowl with remaining ingredients until well coated.
- Spray preheated air fryer basket with cooking spray if needed and transfer the pork belly to the basket, leaving room between each piece.
- Air fry for 15-20 minutes, flip or shake the basket every 5 minutes. Cook until your desired crispiness.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines