A blueberry ice cream made in the Ninja Creami with frozen blueberries, protein powder and almond milk. Super easy to make with only 4 ingredients.
This keto blueberry ice cream is flavourful and super creamy, nobody will know it's a healthy low carb ice cream.
This is one of my favorite easy Ninja Creami recipes and is made with frozen blueberries and a whey protein powder that gives it that gelato texture.
A sugar-free blueberry ice cream that is super rich that does not spike my blood sugars is truly a good thing for me and is my go-to low carb ice cream recipe.
Ingredients for this Ninja Creami Recipe
This Ninja Creami recipe is only made with these 4 ingredients:
- Frozen Blueberries: we used wild frozen blueberries for this keto blueberry ice cream.
- Whey Protein Powder: you can find whey protein powder at many shops and grocery stores, we used a low carb vanilla whey protein powder. Purchase here on Amazon.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix: any vanilla pudding mix will do but if you are concerned about the amount of sugar, be sure to use a sugar free vanilla pudding mix like Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding.
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: any unsweetened nut milk or one cup whole milk will work in this Ninja Creami recipe. You can also use coconut cream or heavy cream if you prefer.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make this keto blueberry ice cream?
STEP 1: In a blender add the almond milk, frozen blueberries, whey protein powder and vanilla pudding mix.
STEP 2: blend for 30 seconds, then pour into the Ninja Creami pint, place the lid on and freeze the pint for 24 hours.
STEP 3: after 24 hours, remove the Ninja Creami pint from the freezer and place in the Ninja Creami outer container.
Place in the Ninja Creami ice cream maker and ensure it is locked in place. Press the "smoothie" button and allow it to run its course. Once it stops remove it from the outer container and enjoy this keto blueberry ice cream.
Mine did not need a second spin but if your ice cream comes out frosty or powdery, create a well down the center of the ice cream and add an ounce of heavy cream, run again through the Ninja Creami machine on "mix-in"
Recipe tips and Variations
Top Tip: freezer temperatures vary and the result may be different for everyone. Therefore, if it doesn't turn out creamy after the first spin you may want to spin it a second time or add some heavy cream and re-spin it in the Ninja Creami ice cream maker.
Serving: serve with some fresh blueberries and a dollop of whipping cream.
Storage: store in the freezer for up to 4 days. When ready to consume after it has been spun in the ice cream machine I usually allow it to thaw on the counter and enjoy it. You can also place it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Berries - try this recipe with other frozen berries like strawberries or blackberries.
- Vanilla: for more vanilla flavor add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.
See this Sugar Free Coffee Ice Cream that doesn't require a Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker.
Equipment used to make this Ninja Ice Cream Recipe
The Ninja Creami is an amazing ice cream maker that makes ice cream, sorbet, sherbert and milkshakes. It's a new toy for me and it has my creative juices flowing with endless ninja cream recipe ideas.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
A half cup of wild blueberries only contains 6g net carbs. Therefore it can be diabetic-friendly as long as you monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally and do not overconsume them.
Per serving this ninja creami recipe contains 5g of total carbs and 2g of fiber, making it 3g net carbs.
Ninja Creami Recipe (Blueberry)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for 30 seconds.
- Remove from blender and place in a ninja creami pint and freeze for 24 hours.
- after 24 hours remove the lid and place pint in the ninja creami outer container and lock it into place. Press the Smoothie setting and allow it to spin.
- Should not require a respin but if so you may want to add some heavy cream if needed.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines