These are the easiest Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that are super chewy and soft and made with 4 simple ingredients. You will love these scrumptious flourless peanut butter cookies that are full of keto chocolate chips and so fun to make.
With only 2g net carbs, these sugar free peanut butter cookies are a great option for those following a low carb, ketogenic or diabetic diet. Plus they are gluten free.
- Why you'll love these keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
- 🥘 Ingredient notes
- 👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
- 🍴 More diabetic friendly dessert recipes
- 📋 Substitutions and Variations
- ♨️ How to store the cookies
- 👨🏻🍳 Top tip
- ⏲️ Serving suggestions
- 💭 Frequently asked questions
- 🍽 Other recipes you may like
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 🌡️ Food safety
These keto peanut butter cookies are my all time favourite treat, perfect for a quick snack or have them for dessert with a side of keto ice cream.
If you love cookies as much as I do you must try my Chewy Ginger Molasses Keto Cookies which are my number one recipe on my site. I simply make cookies just to have around whenever I feel the urge to have something sweet but don't want to spend too much time baking.
Why you'll love these keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
- Only 4 ingredients and only 2g net carbs per cookie.
- Super easy to make and baked in under 15 minutes.
- Even the kids love these sugar free peanut butter cookies.
- A perfect snack when you need something sweet but don't want the sugar spikes.
- If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these low carb cookies are for you.
🥘 Ingredient notes
So simple to make with just these few ingredients. These flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are simply made by combining swerve brown sugar with peanut butter, 1 egg and chocolate chips.... that's it!
- Swerve Brown Sugar: made with erythritol this brown sweetener gives these cookies a touch of caramel flavor that makes them ultra lux.
- Chunky Peanut Butter: I used a natural chunky peanut butter for this recipe as it has lower carbs and a much cleaner product. However, a creamy peanut butter will do, just watch the amount of sugar if you are keeping track of carbs.
- Chocolate Chips: any unsweetened or low carb chocolate chips will work in this recipe. I like to use keto chocolate chips from Cocopolo Chocolates.
- Egg: to add structure to the cookies and helps keep them together.
👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
How to make the Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F
STEP 2: In a large bowl add the brown sugar swerve, peanut butter and 1 egg. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 3: Next add the sugar free chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until they are evenly combined with the dough.
- STEP 4: Using your hands shape the cookies into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
STEP 5: Using a fork press the dough creating a criss-cross pattern.
STEP 6: Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with some sea salt. (this is optional but it enhances the flavors)
STEP 7: Bake in the oven at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
📋 Substitutions and Variations
Making these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies is a breeze. Here are some other ways you can make them.
- Sweetener - use any granular sweeteners if you don't have swerve brown sugar, just monitor the number of carbs in your sweetener.
- Chocolate chips - if you don't have low-carb chocolate chips, you can chop up any low carb chocolates you might have on hand and make it a super chunky chocolate cookie.
- Egg - if egg is not your thing or you want a vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, you can try using applesauce or mashed banana. This will increase the carbs but still be a wholesome food that might fit into your daily macros. Here is a link for egg alternatives.
See Low Carb Amaretti Cookies that are full of almond flavors with a touch of sweetness.
♨️ How to store the cookies
Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before storing them in an airtight container. Stored properly these cookies should last up to a week at room temperature.
If freezing cookies place them in a freezer bag with the air removed and then in an airtight container like Tupperware. Freeze for up to 3 months. To avoid cookies from sticking I suggest you layer them with parchment paper when placing them in the freezer bag. To thaw place the cookie on the countertop and allow it to come to room temperature.
👨🏻🍳 Top tip
If some cookies came apart during the baking process you can press them back together once they come out of the oven to help them keep their shape. Allow to completely cool before consuming.
⏲️ Serving suggestions
- These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies can be enjoyed on their own, with your favorite beverage. I love to have them with a cup of hot coffee or an iced coffee but most people prefer to wash it down with a low carb glass of milk alternatives. Cookies and ice cream go great together, my Bullet Coffee Ice Cream recipe is a great option to have with these cookies.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Once the chocolate chip cookies are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container.
The heat of ovens can vary and if your oven runs extra hot it may have dried out the cookies and made them hard. Some ovens may also bake the outside of the cookie really quickly but the inside may still be raw.
Because the cookie is quite dense, pressing the cookie dough balls helps to flatten the cookie so that it can cook more evenly.
These peanut butter cookies contains roughly 2g net carbs and therefore should fit into a ketogenic diet. These cookies are diabetic friendly as there is no flour and made with sugar free ingredients. However, many foods affect people differently and diabetics should monitor their blood sugars to see how these cookies affect you personally.
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl combine the swetener, peanut butter and egg in a bowl with a mixer.¾ cup brown sweetener, ½ cup natural chunky peanut butter, 1 large egg
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated½ cup unsweetened or low carb chocolate chips
- Form 1 inch balls of dough with your hands and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Should make about 9
- Press down on each cookie with a fork to form a criss cross and sprinkle with sea salt (optional)½ teaspoon sea salt flakes (optional)
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- these cookies are imperfect and rustic looking due to the chunky peanut butter and chocolate chips. If cookies come out of the oven partially broken or apart you can press them back together while they are still warm. Otherwise, enjoy them as is.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines