Low-carb and sugar-free Ninja Cream Butterscotch Ice Cream is a smooth, rich and decadent creamy dessert made with a low-carb butterscotch pudding. Your first lick of this ice cream will amaze your senses and feel like it was made by a gelato maestro. Only 5 ingredients are all it takes to make this sugar-free diabetic-friendly ice cream.
This exquisite sugar free butterscotch ice cream made with the Ninja Creami will please your tastebuds and give you all the feels.
Low carb butterscotch ice cream is my all-time favorite ice cream flavor but this Sugar Free Coffee Ice Cream is a close second.
Other Ninja Cream recipes you might enjoy
Ingredients used for the sugar free butterscotch ice cream
Simple ingredients that make you feel good without the sugar spikes.
- Butterscotch Pudding: we used this Simply Delish Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: for that mild sweet taste and pleasant tang makes this pie feel like a cheesecake.
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: keeping it low carb while adding some almond and vanilla flavors.
- Erythritol: this is my favorite sweetener as I find it is the closest sweetener to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: giving this ice cream more creaminess
- Vanilla Extract
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make the Ninja Cream Butterscotch Ice Cream
STEP 1: Blend all ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds then pour into the ninja creami pint and place in the freezer for 24 hours.
STEP 2: after 24 hours remove the pint from the freezer, remove the lid, and place it into the Ninja Creami outer container. Lock it in place and use the ice cream button.
STEP 3: if ice cream looks powdery or ice, create a well down the center of the ice cream pint and fill it with heavy cream. Use the "mix-in" button to mix again. The sugar-free butterscotch ice cream should now be super creamy and delicious.
Other dessert recipes you might enjoy
- Keto Pecan Pralines
- Sugar Free Coffee Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet
- Sugar Free Strawberry Popsicles
- Low Carb Blackberry Coconut Bars
Top Tip: freezer temperatures may affect your results but adding heavy cream after the first spin and then using "mix-in" will give it that creamy ice cream texture.
- Set in the freezer: be sure to freeze for 24 hours before spinning in the Ninja Creami.
- Storage: store any leftovers in the pint with the lid on for up to a week.
This recipe can be used with any other of your favorite sugar free puddings. Simply swap out the butterscotch pudding with another flavor.
Here are some other add ins you can use with this sugar free butterscotch recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - after you have the texture to your liking add in some sugar free chocolate chips and do another "mix-in"
- Esspresso Powder - butterscotch and coffee are a great combination of flavors, add some esspresso powder to the mixture before blending.
- Coconut - "mix-in" some shredded unsweetened coconut to the ice cream.
Equipment used to make
The Ninja Creami is an amazing ice cream maker that makes ice cream, sorbet, sherbert and milkshakes. It's a new toy for me and it has my creative juices flowing with endless ninja cream recipe ideas.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
The flavor tastes like a blend of brown sugar molasses mixed with butter.
This ice cream recipe contains 5g of carbs per serving which is much less than traditional ice cream. It is made with low-carb ingredients and may be safe for most diabetics to consume. Please monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally.
Ninja Creami Butterscotch Ice Cream (Sugar Free)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a ninja creami pint and freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours place the pint in the ninja creami outer container, lock in place and mix with the ice cream button.
- Once mixed if it is powdery or icy, create a well down the cente of the ice cream and fill with heavy whipping cream.
- Place back in the ninja creami machine and use the "mix-in" button.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, tips and variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.