Cozy sweater weather Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream gives you all the warmth you would expect from a pumpkin spice latte but in ice cream. When you are not quite ready to jump into the fall season and are still holding on to summer, this low carb pumpkin ice cream will help you with the transition.
Make in the Ninja Creami or in a container, no ice cream maker is required, we will show you both methods below.
With hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, you will fall in love with this creamy fall favorite flavor. If you are a fan of pumpkin spice, this ice cream is right up your alley.
If you are looking for more low-carb ice cream recipes and love coffee, check out this Coffee Ice Cream recipe.
Other Ninja Creami Recipes
Ice cream ingredients
Made with real pumpkin puree and coconut cream, this keto ice cream will be your go to dessert in the fall.
- Pumpkin Puree: bringing all the earthy pumpkin flavors to this ice cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: a blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger giving the pumpkin all the pumpkin spice flavors
- Cream Cheese: giving this recipe a rich creamy flavor
- Coconut Cream: full of creamy texture while keeping this ice cream low carb, you won't taste the coconut in this recipe.
- Erythritol: adding a touch of sweetness to this sugar-free dessert.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: an optional ingredient after spinning in the Ninja Creami.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make the keto pumpkin ice cream in the ninja creami?
STEP 1: In a blender add all the ingredients except the heavy whipping cream. Blend for 30 seconds then pour the ice cream mixture into the ninja creami pint, place the lid on and freeze for 24 hours.
STEP 2: after 24 hours you can remove the pint from the freezer and place it into the ninja creami outer bowl with the lid on and lock into the ninja creami machine. Select the Ice Cream button.
If ice cream is not creamy enough, create a hole in the center and add about an ounce of heavy whipping cream. Place it back into the machine and select Mix-In.
STEP 3: Scoop out ice cream into your favorite bowl and serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice on top.
How to make the keto pumpkin ice cream without the the ninja creami?
Ice cream machines do make it easier but you can also make this keto pumpkin spice recipe without one.
- STEP 1: add all the ingredients except the heavy whipping cream in a blender and mix for about 30 seconds.
STEP 2: Pour the ice cream mixture into a glass Tupperware container with a lid. Place in the freezer and scrape the ice cream with a fork every hour for the first 4 hours. Allow to sit in the freezer overnight.
STEP 3: when ready to serve remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to allow it to slightly thaw, this will help make it easier to scoop out.
Pro Tip: for a less icy mixture add an ounce of vodka to the ice cream mixture before blending.
You might also like these Keto Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Top Tip: consistency of the ice cream may also be affected by your freezer temperature. It may turn out perfect after the first mix or may need to be adjusted with heavy cream one or two times. Results may vary but a little heavy cream will easily get it to the creamy ice cream texture.
- Set in the freezer: freeze for at least 24 hours, it needs to be at a very cold temperature before it can be processed in the ninja ice cream machine.
- Serving: this ice cream is great served on it's own with a nice warm pumpkin spice coffee or tea. You can also serve it on the side with these Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
- Storage: store the keto pumpkin ice cream in the ninja pint container, make sure you level out the top of the ice cream before freezing. This is required before spinning it again in the Ninja Creami machine. If not using the ninja creami, store the ice cream in an airtight container.
Pumpkin spice flavors are great with a variety of different ingredients, here are a few that we enjoy:
- Chocolate - mix in some low carb or sugar free chocolate chips for a delicious chocolaty flavor.
- Caramel - pumpkin spice and caramel go great together. Use this Low Carb Caramel recipe to add a drizzle on top of the ice cream.
- Cinnamon - if you love the taste of cinnamon, add a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to the ice cream mixture before blending.
Equipment used to make this recipe
The Ninja Creami is an amazing ice cream maker that makes ice cream, sorbet, sherbert and milkshakes. It's a new toy for me and it has my creative juices flowing with endless ninja cream recipe ideas.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe does not use any sugar and is only 2g net carbs per serving. Therefore it would likely fit into keto daily macros depending on what else was consumed before and after. It also fits into a low carb and diabetic friendly diet.
Since this ice cream is made without sugar or ingredients that are likely to spike blood sugars it may not dramatically affect your blood sugars as traditional ice cream would. However, different foods affect people differently and you should monitor your blood sugars to see how this ice cream affects you personally.
Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream (Ninja Creami)
- Add all ingredients to the blender (except heavy whipping cream) and mix for about 30 seconds.400 ml coconut cream, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 1 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup powdered erythritol, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pour into the ninja creami pint, place lid on and store in the freezer for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours remove the lid and place into the creami outer bowl with the lid on. Lock into place and press the Ice Cream button.
- After mixing if required make a hole in the centre of the ice cream and add an ounce of heavy whipping cream. Place back into the creami machine and use the Mix-In button.1 oz heavy whipping cream
- Serve in your favourite ice cream bowls with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.