This creamy and delicious Easy Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse recipe is made in minutes with whipped cream, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Made low carb and sugar free.
When you are craving pumpkin spice this keto dessert recipe will be a quick fix to get those special fall flavours in you have been waiting for.
Pumpkin spice is usually a favourite from late August to after Thanksgiving but I could enjoy this keto pumpkin mousse recipe all year long.
While I was making my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies it dawned on me to also make a creamy quick dessert so I can get my pumpkin spice addiction under control. So I whipped up this easy pumpkin mousse recipe and I was in love.
You might also enjoy this creamy Keto Tiramisu Mousse recipe.
🥘 Ingredients Used
There is nothing better than a quick low carb pumpkin mousse recipe. Just a few ingredients is all it takes to make this delicious pumpkin mousse.
- Pumpkin Puree: this is a must and will give it that pumpkin flavour and colour to this creamy dessert. Using a 100% pure unsweetened pumpkin puree of course.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: a blend of spices of cinnamon, ginger, all spice, nutmeg and cloves. You can blend the spices together to make your own or simply purchase a pumpkin pie spice
- Heavy Whipping Cream: mixed with the pumpkin puree gives it that perfect creamy mousse consistency
- Powdered Erythritol: this powdered sweetener is my favourite sweetener as I find it is the closest to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars.
👨🏻🍳 Steps to make this recipe
How to make the Easy Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse
STEP 1: Literally there is really only one step. Throw all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and beat with an electric whisk until peaks form. Can use a hand mixer or if you are confident you can do it by hand with a whisk.
STEP 2: Scoop out the pumpkin mixture with a spoon and place in your favourite small bowl or serving glasses. Add a whipped topping (I added a little pumpkin spice skinny syrup to my whipped cream) and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice from a height.
👨🏻🍳 Substitutions and Variations
You can play around with the flavours and textures with this mousse. If you are not a fan of pumpkin, try it with some mashed acorn or butternut squash instead.
- Cheesecake - make it a pumpkin cheesecake mousse and mix in 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese
- Nuts - top it with some crushed pecans for a crunchy bite to this pumpkin spice mousse
- Vegan and Dairy Free - make it a vegan pumpkin mousse and use a can of coconut cream instead of the heavy whipping cream. This will also make it dairy free.
This recipe is also gluten free.
Another fall favourite recipe of mine are my Keto Butter Tarts or these Chewy Ginger Molasses Keto Cookies.
♨️ Top tips and serving suggestions
Top Tip: Use cold heavy whipping cream to help whip faster and will keep the stiffness longer.
Cool it: this dessert is best served cold. Place in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for about an hour before serving. When ready to serve top it with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Serving: enjoy this dessert with a comfy warm beverage like a PSL or a Chai Tea.
- Serving Dish: I like to serve them in small tumbler glasses but be I also think they look cute in martini glasses or a champagne flute with a parfait spoon. A pumpkin mousse parfait is great for fancier occasions.
- Storage: You can store this pumpkin mousse in the fridge for 4-5 days
🥣 Equipment used to make
I used a hand blender to quickly whisk the mousse together. It comes in handy for quick jobs but I also use it to puree soups as it comes with different attachments. A hand blender or stand mixer can also be used just the same.
I also like to whip using stainless steel bowls as it keeps the heavy cream colder and the mousse turns out with the desired consistency.
💭 Frequently asked questions
There are many recipes you can use it with like my Keto Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Low Carb Pumpkin Waffles.
In old french mousse means froth which is where the name came from for these frothy desserts. Traditionally mousse is made with cream and eggs that have been whipped until they are light and airy.
This sugar free dessert can be considered a keto dessert as there is only 3g of total carbs per serving and 2g of net carbs with 1g of fiber. Therefore, this dessert is keto, low carb and diabetic friendly.
🍽 Other dessert recipes you may like
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love if you would share on social or pin on pinterest. Rating and commenting is always appreciated.
Easy Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized stainless steel bowl and mix with and electric whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Scoop out mousse into your favourite serving glasses such as tumblers, martini glasses or champagne flutes.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Love how easy this mousse is to prepare! And it is so delicious - the perfect fall dessert.
It is a perfect fall dessert 🙂
This is soooo easy! Wow, what a lovely seasonal dessert. I'm definitely making this. My boys will love this I'm sure.
I'm sure they will love it.
Loving this low carb mousse! It makes for the perfect easy and light dessert!
I love a good low carb mousse recipe. Bookmarked for later. Thanks for sharing.
So good! Love that they're sugar free too!
So thick and creamy! Love this for a fall dessert.
This was an amazing light and fluffy pumpkin dessert! It satisfied my pumpkin spice craving!
Thanks Jeri 🙂
Perfect! Even my toddler went crazy for this!!
What a perfect idea for a keto dessert for Thanksgiving! Love it.
This was a perfect go to fall dessert, when I was in a rush! The flavors were excellent, and they look so classy! Thanks for sharing!
Had family visiting today and served this as dessert. I doubled the recipe and it served 5 amply. Served it in mugs with a shot of Reddi Whip on top with pumpkin spice sprinkled on it. It was the bomb. Now I'm afraid they won't go home.
Ah haha, it's certainly a crowd pleaser 🙂
Yum! This low carb pumpkin mousse was so delicious! I loved all the flavor of it and was so creamy!
this dessert satisfies our fall cravings so easy to make
It's so easy to make 🙂
What a perfect fall idea! So good!