A creamy, elegant and rich layered Keto Tiramisu Mousse made with espresso, mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder. Super decadent for when you want something low carb and extra special.
A perfect marriage of sweet, creamy, coffee flavors that is irresistible and impossible to refuse. Made super quickly by combining all ingredients and then spooning into a serving glass and topping with espresso powder.
If you are a fan of coffee and chocolate flavors this low carb tiramisu mousse will be your new favorite dessert.
Why you'll love this keto tiramisu mousse recipe?
- Super quick and easy to make and doesn't require any cooking or baking.
- It's keto, low carb and diabetic friendly made sugar free and only 3g net carbs per serving.
- It looks elegant and a little fancy, everyone will think you spent hours making it.
- A perfect dessert for that dinner party or as a pick-me-up when you are feeling down. I enjoy it while watching a movie.
- Who needs a fat bomb when you can have a creamy keto tiramisu mousse?
Other sugar free mousse recipes you might enjoy
This keto tiramisu recipe is made with just a few ingredients and is super simple to make.
- Mascarpone Cheese: a soft Italian cream cheese that is slightly sweet.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: adding to the rich and creamy flavors of this keto tiramisu mousse recipe.
- Cocoa Powder: we used unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe that is layered in between the creamy mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Erythritol: powdered erythritol is used for this recipe although you can use your favorite sweetener.
- Espresso: we use espresso to give it that delicious coffee flavor.
- Espresso Powder: sprinkled as a finish on top of the tiramisu mousse (optional ingredient).
- Coffee Beans for garnish.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make keto tiramisu mousse?
STEP 1: to a large mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, espresso, powdered erythritol, salt, half of the cocoa powder and the softened mascarpone cheese.
Use a rubber spatula to quickly mix together the wet and dry ingredients. This will ensure the cocoa powder does not fly around in the next step.
STEP 2: using an electric mixer or stand mixer, mix the ingredients together for about 1 minute on high, scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix for another minute. The whipped mixture should be creamy and smooth.
STEP 3: for this next step you can either use a piping bag to pipe the mixture into your serving glasses or simply scoop it into the glass with a spoon. I find it looks cleaner when piping it into the glass tumbler.
I alternated 3 layers with a sprinkle of cocoa powder in between. I used 4 - 4 oz tumbler glasses.
- STEP 4: for the final touch sprinkle espresso powder on top. You can either flatten the cream mixture so it's aligned with the rim of the glass (see the video) and then add the layer of espresso powder or simply just sprinkle the powder over the last layer of mascarpone mousse. The espresso powder is an optional ingredient, especially if you want more strong coffee flavor.
I used a small mesh strainer to sprinkle both the cocoa and espresso powder for this dessert.
STEP 5: garnish with two coffee beans (optional)
Top Tip: Make sure the mascarpone mixture is whipped until creamy and smooth. Incorporating the air created by the mixer will make it lighter and result in a better mousse.
Tip: if making ahead of time, sprinkle the espresso powder on the dessert just before serving.
- Serving: This keto tiramisu mousse is best served cold with a side of tart berries.
- Storage: store in an airtight container or cover each glass with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Chocolate - instead of espresso powder, top with shavings of dark or low-carb chocolate.
- Nuts - add some crushed almonds or walnuts in between each layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Whipping Cream - spread this dessert out to more servings by adding layers of whipped cream.
Check out this vegan and diary-free version of a Tiramisu Recipe.
See this Cafe Mocha Mini Cheesecake recipe for another coffee-flavored dessert.
This recipe is also gluten free.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe contains 333 calories per serving although it will vary depending on the size of the serving glass used.
You can although it might take a lot of elbow grease and it will result in a heavier mousse as it won't get as much incorporated air as an electric mixer would provide.
Keto Tiramisu Mousse
- In a large mixing bowl combine the whipping cream, vanilla, espresso, erythritol, salt, mascarpone and half of the cocoa powder. Mix for 1 minute, scrape down sides of bowl and mix for another minute or until creamy and smooth.½ cup heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1.5 oz espresso, ¼ cup powdered erythritol, ⅛ teaspoon salt, 1 cup mascarpone cheese, 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pipe or spoon into serving glasses layering with cocoa powder.4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Garnish with a sprinkle of espresso powder and coffee beans.1 teaspoon espresso powder, 8 coffee beans
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.