I was in the mood for almond cookies and thought of making a low carb Amaretti. Typically in my italian family you would see amaretti cookies on special occasions such as a wedding, baptism or other traditional parties or celebrations.
I decided I would make them to enjoy and to also use in a keto tiramisu dessert instead of using Lady Fingers which are full of sugar.
This amaretti recipe is so simple and easy to make with only 4 ingredients. The only time consuming part is the wait time because they have to sit for 2 hours on the baking sheet before placing them in the oven for 30 minutes at 300.
Check out the video below to see how I made them. Full recipe is below the video.
Low Carb Amaretti Cookies
- 2 ½ cups of blanched almond flour
- 1 cup Powdered erythritol/stevia blend or your favourite sweetener original recipe in the video used 1 ¼ cup of sweetener, however over time I prefer the cookies to be a little less sweet and now only use 1 cup of sweetener
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of Almond Extract
- Sift together the almond flour and sweetener, I mix them in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Mix the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form
- Fold in the egg whites into the almond/erythritol mix, mixing in until all combined.
- Once combined use a cookie scoop to scoop out and place on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Let sit for 2 hours
- Place in preheated over at 300 for 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Have a look at my Keto Tiramisu recipe which uses these amaretti cookies instead of lady fingers.
These cookies can also be used for many different recipes that require a crust such as cheesecake. Instead of using graham crackers you can have an almond crust withe these cookies instead.
Want to make it a full italian meal? Why not try this low carb Cacio e Pepe?