Super creamy Low Carb Chocolate Mousse is a quick and easy sugar free dessert. Made with cream cheese, cocoa powder, and low carb sweetener.
Easy to make and full of intense chocolate flavor. Served with a dollop of whipping cream, this diabetic-friendly dessert contains only 2g of net carbs and is super filling and satisfying.
When I want a quick after-dinner dessert, this low-carb chocolate mousse is my go-to recipe. Perfect for weekday desserts when you don't want to spend time baking something in the oven.
The best chocolate mousse would be found in Paris, France and I was inspired to make this recipe from this article called Where to eat the Best Chocolate Mousse in the World. This chocolate mousse recipe was also inspired by my other low carb mousse recipes like this Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse, Keto Tiramisu Mousse and this Shamrock Shake Mousse.
Made with a few simple ingredients like cocoa powder, cream cheese, and vanilla, this low carb keto chocolate mousse recipe is a dreamy sugar free treat for any occasion.
- Cocoa Powder: Use an unsweetened cocoa powder and give all the chocolate and bitter feel to this low-carb dessert.
- Cream cheese: That mildly sweet taste and pleasant tang make this chocolate mousse super creamy and luxurious.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Rich, fatty, and creamy flavor while keeping it low carb.
- Powdered Erythritol: This is my favorite sweetener as I find it is the closest sweetener to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars. Allulose or monk fruit sweetener would also be a great sweetener for this recipe.
- Espresso Powder: Enhancing all the chocolate flavors in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla helps to bring out all the flavors with caramel and flowery notes.
Steps by step instructions
How to make a low carb chocolate mousse?
STEP 1: Use a hand mixer to mix the cream cheese, heavy cream, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Just until combined.
STEP 2: add the remaining dry ingredients and mix on low speed. (Try to avoid a mess as I did in the video). Then increase the speed to high and mix until light and fluffy with stiff peaks form.
Store in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Other low carb dessert recipes
- Tiramisu with Amaretti Cookies
- Cafe Mocha Sugar Free Mini Cheesecakes
- Air Fryer Chocolate Donuts
- Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Sweetener: This sugar free chocolate mousse recipe is lightly sweetened and therefore you may want to increase the amount of sweetener used if you prefer your desserts a little sweeter.
Only have granular sweeteners? Blitz it in the blender to powder it before adding it to this low carb chocolate mousse recipe.
- Serving: serve is small tumbler glasses and a dollop of whipping cream and some sugar free chocolate chips with your favorite warm beverage or iced tea or coffee.
- Storage: store in individual tumbler glasses covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Cool it: this low carb dessert is best served cold, store in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Equipment used to make
I used a hand blender to quickly whisk the mousse together. It comes in handy for quick jobs but I also use it to puree soups as it comes with different attachments. A hand blender or stand mixer can also be used just the same.
I also like using stainless steel bowls as it keeps the heavy cream colder and the mousse turns out with the desired consistency.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe is made without sugar and contains only 2g of net carbs per serving. Therefore it should be ok for people with diabetes to enjoy this chocolate mousse. Definitely monitor your blood sugars while consuming something new to see how it affects you personally.
Traditional chocolate mousse is made with chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream.
This low-carb chocolate mousse recipe is more like a causing of pudding that is lighter and fluffier.
Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and vanilla to a medium sized stainless steel bowl and mix on high speed with an electric whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer.
- add the dry ingredients and mix on slow speed until incorporated and then increase speed to high and mix until fluffy with stiff peaks.
- Scoop out mousse into your favourite serving glasses such as tumblers, martini glasses or champagne flutes.
- Store in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, we may receive a commission in return. I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.