This Keto Pumpkin Bread recipe is deliciously moist and full of all the warm pumpkin spice flavours. Perfect for the pumpkin spice season and giving you all the fall and autumn feels. A low carb keto bread that can be made with freshly grated zucchini and sugar free chocolate chips.
Low carb pumpkin bread is easy to make and is a perfect after-dinner dessert or great for a family gathering. Everyone devoured this cake when I made it for friends get together.
This keto bread recipe is one of my favourite low carb recipes and was inspired by my was inspired by Low Carb Strawberry Pound Cake as it was made similarly in a loaf pan.
- 🥘 Main Ingredients for the pumpkin bread
- 👨🏻🍳 Steps to make pumpkin keto bread
- 🍴 More diabetic friendly baking recipes
- 📋 Substitutions and Variations
- 👨🏻🍳 Top tips and serving suggestions
- 🥣 Essentials used to make this dessert
- ♨️ How to store the pumpkin bread
- 💭 Frequently asked questions
- 🍽 Other recipes you may like
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
🥘 Main Ingredients for the pumpkin bread
Made with a pumpkin puree, almond flour, coconut oil and warm pumpkin pie spices with the option of adding in grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Almond Flour: ground blanched almonds were which gives it a slightly nutty flavour plus it's low carb and gluten free.
- Pumpkin Puree: for that earthy sweet flavour from real pumpkins, not pumpkin pie filling which is full of sugar
- Pumpkin Spice: giving it that iconic spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger
- Erythritol: this is my favourite sweetener as I find it is the closest sweetener to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars.
- Low Carb Chocolate Chips (optional): Sugar free chocolate chips or any unsweetened or low carb chocolate chips will work in this recipe depending on your limit of carbs you can allow.
- Zucchini: has a slightly sweet and slightly bitter flavour that adds a nice texture to this keto pumpkin bread
👨🏻🍳 Steps to make pumpkin keto bread
How to make keto pumpkin bread?
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 375°F and then grate enough zucchini for 2 cups, strain the water out with a kitchen towel.
STEP 2: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
STEP 3: In a separate mixing bowl mix together the strained zucchini with the remaining wet ingredients except the chocolate chips. If not using zucchini simply add another half cup of almond flour to the dry ingredients.
- STEP 4: add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredient mixture and combine well.
STEP 5: add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well. Skip this step if not using chocolate chips.
STEP 6: generously grease a 9" loaf pan with butter and scoop the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Optionaly - dot the top with more chocolate chips.
STEP 7: Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Depending on your oven you may need more time to fully bake the inside of the bread. The toothpick method should be followed. Cool completely in the loaf pan before removing otherwise it may fall apart.
📋 Substitutions and Variations
You can make this bread without the chocolate chips. However, if you make it without the zucchini you should add another half cup of almond flour.
- Muffins - skip the loaf pan and make keto pumpkin muffins instead. Use silicone muffins cups and bake for 20-30 minutes. Use the toothpick method.
- Cookies - make keto pumpkin cookies and scoop out batter with a cookie scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350°F
- Frosting - make keto pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. Simply beat together 4 ounces of cream cheese with a ¼ cup of powdered erythritol and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Spread onto pumpkin bread after it's completely cooled.
👨🏻🍳 Top tips and serving suggestions
Top tips: butter the loaf pan generously (see video) and allow to completely cool in the pan before removing. Otherwise you risk the bread from falling apart.
- Serving: serve warm slices of this bread with a pat of butter and sip with your favourite warm beverage. A keto pumpkin spice latte would always go well with this bread. If you can find those pumpkin flavoured skinny syrups, grab some for a delicious PSL just like Starbucks.
🥣 Essentials used to make this dessert
♨️ How to store the pumpkin bread
Wrap the pumpkin bread tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. If you wish to freeze the bread, place the wrapped load into a ziploc freezer bag and remove any air before closing the bag. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 month. To that, simply unwrap and allow to sit on the counter overnight before you consume.
💭 Frequently asked questions
A serving of this keto pumpkin bread with the zucchini and chocolate chips is 3g net carbs. Everyone has different ways of doing a ketogenic diet so it depends on your individual macros and daily consumptions.
Yes, you can use chopped walnuts or pecans. They will both go well in this recipe.
Poke the centre with a toothpick from the top. When the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.
Starbucks has crushed pumpkin seeds on the top of their pumpkin bread.
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love if you would share on social or pin on pinterest. Ratings and comments are also appreciated.
Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Shred the zucchini with a box grater, strain the water out with a kitchen towel.
- In 2 large mixing bowls mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and then the wet ingredients with the zucchini (if using) in another.
- Combine the two bowls into one and mix until well combined.
- If using, add the chocolate chips.
- Generously grease a 9" loaf pan and scoop batter into the pan. Spreading evenly. Dot the top with chocolate chips (if using)
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Depending on your oven you may need more time to fully bake the inside of the bread. The toothpick method should be followed. Cool completely in the loaf pan before removing otherwise it may fall apart.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines