Yes! Bullet Coffee Ice Cream!!!
I was at the beach and craving ice cream but nowhere to buy a low carb keto option. Therefore, when I got back home I decided to make my own. Its not just a regular ice cream, it’s a Bullet Coffee Ice Cream that you will likely never find at the beach. You want to make this ice cream!!!
Check out the recipe on youtube to see exactly how I made it, plus there are some added tips and tricks in the video that you will want to check out.
Have you ever wanted ice cream but the amount of sugar scared you? Worried about the sugar quantity? Me too! This recipe is easy to make and will also replace your keto coffee on those hot summer days.
Bullet Coffee Ice Cream
This ice cream recipe was inspired by Keto Connect , props to them as I truly think their ice cream recipe is amazing. My recipe uses delicious espresso powder, ghee, coconut oil, cacao powder and dark chocolate chunks.
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Erythritol | I Use This!
- 3 tbsp of Philosophie Cacao Magic or your favourite Dark Cacao Powder
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Vanilla | I Use This!
- 1 tbsp of Lee's Ghee or any ghee or butter you have on hand
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil | I Use This!
- 1 tbsp of Espresso Powder | I Use This!
- 1/4 cup of Cocopolo Dark Chocolate tabs or your dark chocolate of choice
- Optional - a pinch of sea salt or fleur de sel
- Combine the four egg yolks and vanilla and set aside
- Place a medium pot over medium low heat
- Pour in the heavy cream and the erythritol
- Mix until well dissolved
- Add the remaining ingredients except the yolks and vanilla
- Whisk ingredients until well combined and all the ghee and coconut oil has melted
- Turn up the heat to medium/high and continue to whisk until mixture becomes thick and you can coat a wooden spoon. See video for example.
- Remove from heat and continue to whisk and let cool.
- Continue to whisk while cooling otherwise a skin may form.
- Once cooled, using a large bowl, slowly pour mixture into the yolk/vanilla mixture. Pour a little at a time and whisk while pouring. Once all is added, continue to whisk until a froth forms on the top. ( I whisked by hand but feel free to use an electric mixer)
- Add the chocolate chunks and whisk one more time
- Pour entire mixture into an air tight container and place in the freezer
- Freeze for about 5 hours. However, stir mixture every hour.
- After 5 hours it should be ready. If you freeze overnight you should leave ice cream out of the freezer for a bit in order to soften so you can scoop out the ice cream.
Net Carbs 1.3g
Next time you are in the mood for your bulletproof coffee, why not try making this bullet coffee ice cream? Fall in love with ice cream again and enjoy summer the way it’s meant to be.
Some of the amazing products in this recipe were purchased from Switch Grocery. If you live in Canada and want some great Keto, Paleo and Diabetic food options, please check them out!
Di you enjoy this recipe? Please leave an honest comment below and feel free to share with all your keto and low carb friends. If you are diabetic and have issues with erythritol, you may want to try using other substitutes like Monkfruit or Stevia sweeteners.
Looking for more icy treats? Check out our Fat Popsicles