Keto Healthy Taco Pasta is a perfect comfort food recipe when you want to have tacos but are also craving pasta. We blend them together for this delicious cheesy taco-flavored recipe using ground beef and keto pasta. Only 3g net carbs per serving this healthy taco pasta is great for keto, low carb and diabetic friendly diets.
This is one of those comfort food recipes that you will want to make at least once a week.
Loaded with all the cheese, sour cream and taco sauce and garnished with some freshly chopped cilantro or parsley. I seriously can' get enough of this keto taco pasta dish.
Why you will love this healthy taco pasta?
- Quick and easy to make.
- Super tasty and flavorful just like tacos should taste.
- Healthy low-carb recipe with only 3g net carbs per serving.
- Total comfort food that gives me all the feels every time I make it.
- All the taco flavors in a pasta, is there anything better?
Ingredients used to make keto taco pasta
Made with traditional beef taco ingredients and mixed with a keto pasta and topped with gooey cheese, dollops of sour cream and taco sauce.
- Ground Beef
- Cheddar Cheese
- Keto Pasta: we used Kaizen Foods Keto Pasta for this recipe. You can use your preferred keto or low carb pasta for this recipe. Here are some keto and low carb pasta available on Amazon.
- Taco Seasonings: Chili, cumin, coriander with onion powder for a perfect taco seasoning blend.
- Garlic: we use fresh garlic to maximize that nutty garlic flavor.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make this keto healthy taco pasta recipe?
STEP 1: Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packaging, allow it to cool, and set it aside.
STEP 2: In a skillet over medium-high heat brown the ground meat. Salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 3: Add the seasonings and minced garlic and mix through until well combined.
- STEP 4: add one cup of water to the skillet and mix through. Allow the seasonings, ground meat and water to mingle and simmer until half of the water has evaporated.
STEP 5: Next add the cooked keto pasta to the skillet, mixing it until well combined and the pasta is coated.
At this point, I like to crank up the heat and get the pasta nice and crispy but this is just a preference, you can just mix until everything is well combined and the pasta is heated through.
STEP 6: With the stove on medium heat, top the pasta with the shredded cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
STEP 7: while still on the skillet on low heat, top with dollops of sour cream, taco sauce and fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Low Carb Italian Quesadillas
- Diabetic Beef Tacos with a Cheese Shell
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- Keto Tajin Chicken Wings
- Leftover Keto Taco Salad
Recipe tips and variations
Pro Tip: for more flavor and better texture I find frying the keto pasta on high heat brings the best results. As mentioned above this is a preference but when I add the pasta I like to get it crispy and brown which makes a world of difference to me.
Saucy: This recipe is more of a dry pasta dish but if you prefer a more saucy taco pasta you can add some tomato sauce when adding the water.
Dairy Free: make it dairy free and use vegan cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Serving: this healthy taco pasta is a hearty dish and the combination of the beef with the pasta is great on its own. You may want to serve this with a vegetable side dish or a salad like this Low Carb Panzanella Salad.
- Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Make this keto healthy taco salad ahead of time. Once you browned the meat, seasoned and added the pasta, store in a casserole dish covered with tinfoil.
When ready to serve, remove the tinfoil and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Place in the oven at 300°F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and add the rest of the toppings before serving.
Frequently asked questions
Any low carb or keto pasta that require you to boil in water first will in this recipe. I do not recommend any long kinds of pasta like spaghetti or fettuccini as they won't mix well in the skillet and will likely get mushy. So short elbow or tube kinds of pasta will work best.
Yes, feel free to use any ground meat like ground turkey, ground chicken or ground pork.
I used a medium taco sauce so it was not spicy for me but feel free to kick it up with additional hot spices or a spicy taco sauce.
You can but I prefer to keep the dish warm and adding cold salsa on it may cool it down. I am not a fan of warm salsa so I didn't add it but you can if you enjoy it.
Yes, you can add vegetables like red bell peppers, onions and even some black beans are low carb.
Healthy Taco Pasta (Keto)
- ½ lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground corriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Keto Pasta cooked and cooled (about ¾ cup uncooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Cook the keto pasta as per the instrcutions on the packagins, cool and set aside.
- Brown the ground meat and then add the spices with the minced garlic cloves. mix until well combined and warmed through.
- Add the cup of water and simmer until half of the water evapourates.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix through until well combined and warmed through.
- Add the shredded cheddar and allow to melt in the skillet.
- Top with dollops of sour cream, taco sauce and freshly chopped cilantro or parsley.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Fantastic recipe! This one has all the flavors my family loves and is a yummy new way to enjoy tacos, without making tacos. 😉 Pure comfort food right here.
Exactly. Pure comfort food. Enjoy.
Love it! Simple flavoursome and so easy. Thanks again Oscar!
I’m looking forward to making this healthy taco recipe for my family and especially love the Keto pasta and fresh herbs. Thank you! ?
This dish was a hit with the family. I love this recipe since it's so easy to make and has that great taco flavor. The seasonings were just perfect.
Thank you, glad your family enjoyed it.
love how this taco dish turned out! so tasty and delicious!