The Best marshmallow Sugar Free Fruity Crispy Treats are a gooey, sweet snack for children and adults. Just like those crispy treats you used to get as a kid at those Sunday bake sales wrapped in plastic wrap.
These are more for adults that still enjoy those crispy treats but don't want all the added sugar from the traditional marshmallow and cereal. A perfect treat if you are following a keto, low carb, gluten free or diabetic friendly diet.
Made with a sugar free marshmallow and keto cereal, these low carb crispy treats are just like you remembered them with a fruity cereal twist.
Super easy to make in no time, cut them into perfect squares and enjoy them as a snack whenever the mood hits. As someone who has diabetes I truly missed eating rice crispy treats and this recipe has allowed me to enjoy them again without the sugar spikes.
Unlike rice krispy treats, these are made with a fruity flavoured cereal with only 4 ingredients to make this gluten free keto crispy treat recipe.
- Sugar Free Cereal: any keto or sugar free cereal will do for this recipe but we used this keto fruity cereal from Magic Spoon.
- Sugar Free Marshmallows: we used sugar free marshmallows both work for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter: butter helps to melt the marshmallows to get them ready to stick to the cereal.
- Vanilla Extract: used to enhance all the flavours in these sugar free crispy treats
Steps by step instructions
How to make Sugar Free Fruity Crispy Treats
STEP 1: In a heavy bottom pan on low heat melt the butter with the vanilla extract. Once melted add the marshmallows on low/medium heat and mix until gooey and melty.
STEP 2: Now add the sugar free cereal and mix through until all the cereal is coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
STEP 3: Transfer cereal mixture to an 8" x 8" baking pan lined with parchment paper. Then spread the cereal mixture evenly into the pan and use another parchment paper on top to press down to level the crispy treats.
Remove top layer of parchment paper and allow to cool.
STEP 4: Once cooled remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper, place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
Other sugar free treats you might enjoy
- Top Tip: Don't overcook the marshmallow, once they are melted add the cereal and mix through and remove from the heat.
- Parchment Paper: using parchment paper will save you a lot of time instead of using your bare hands as these treats are very sticky.
- Extra Chewy: if you want an extra chewy treat add more marshmallow
- Storage: store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Sugar free cereal options
Frequently asked questions
You can but would increase the total carbs to 7 carbs per square instead of just 1 carb per square.
If you can't find the sugar free marshmallow you can use a nut butter but it would change the flavour profile of this recipe.
Most likely you added too much butter which made them soggy. Too much moisture will make these crispy treats soggy.
Sugar Free Fruity Crispy Treats
- Dutch Oven or Heavy Bottom Pot
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 grams sugar free marshmallows
- 5 cups sugar free cereal
- Melt the butter and vanilla over low heat in a heavy bottom pot.
- Once the butter has melted add the marshmallows on low/medium heat and mix until gooey and melted.
- Add the sugar free cereal and mix through until all the coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to an 8" x 8" baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the cereal mixture evenly into the pan and place another parchment paper on top to press down and level the crispy treats.Remove top layer of parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Once cooled remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper, place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
made these for my hubby and he loved it! thanks for the sugar free option!
What a wonderful treat! I love it! Thanks for the recipe!
These sugar-free rice krispy treats were AMAZING! My mom is diabetic and I love to surprise her with treats every now and again. She loved these! So thankful I stumbled across your website. It has been one of my favorites!
this crispy treat is so enjoyable to make and eat. You got me at sugar-free so I said I will make the recipe and share it with my coworkers.
love that these are sugar free! such a fun and delicious treat!
Love these treats - they are so much fun, look pretty and taste delicious!