Upgrade your weeknight dinners with these mouth-watering frozen pork chops in the air fryer! Perfectly cooked and full of flavor, this quick and easy meal is a total game-changer.
Made with a dry rub the air fryer frozen pork chops are juicy, tender, and flavorful. The outside comes out crispy and golden brown, while the inside remains moist and succulent.
- Here are 5 reasons why you'll love frozen pork chops in the air fryer:
- Ingredients Used
- Steps by step instructions
- Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
- Tips on making the best frozen pork chops in the air fryer
- What to serve with pork chops?
- How to store leftover pork chops
- Recipe variations
- Equipment used to make these air fryer frozen pork chops
- Frequently asked questions
- Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Here are 5 reasons why you'll love frozen pork chops in the air fryer:
- Quick and easy: Cooking frozen pork chops in the air fryer is quick and easy, making it a perfect dinner option any night of the week. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cooks in less than 20 minutes.
- It’s Healthy: Air frying frozen pork chops is a healthier option than traditional frying as it uses less oil and reduces the fat content of the dish.
- Versatile: Air fryer pork chops can be seasoned in a variety of ways, making it a versatile dish that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences.
- Delicious: These boneless pork chops are delicious, with a crispy exterior and tender, juicy meat on the inside.
- Money Saver: Frozen pork chops are often more affordable than fresh cuts of meat, making them a budget-friendly option for those looking to cut costs on groceries. The air fryer also uses less energy than a traditional oven, further reducing the cost of cooking.
Just a few spices and some olive oil is all it takes to make these succulent easy air fryer pork chops.
- Pork Chops: we used fairly small pork chops for this recipe, each pork chop was about 4-6 ounces.
- Olive Oil: not only does the olive oil help in crisping up the pork chops it also helps the spices to stick to the pork chops while air frying.
- Brown Sweetener: we used brown sweetener as it acts as a natural tenderizer for this recipe but if you are not concerned about carbs you can use regular brown sugar.
- Spices: paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and chili powder.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
Let's make the frozen pork chops in the air fryer
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F
Remove the frozen pork chops from the packaging and place them in the preheated air fryer basket. No need to separate them at this time.
Cook frozen pork chops for 5 minutes at 375°F.
STEP 2: For the dry rub using a small bowl whisk together the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, brown sweetener, salt and pepper. Set aside.
STEP 3: Remove the air fryer basket after 5 minutes and spray both sides of each pork chop with olive oil and then sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides. Use your hands to rub in the spice mixture.
Air fry at 375°F for 7 minutes per side. Depending on the size of your pork chops you may need to increase the time. The internal temperature of the pork chops should be 145°F.
- STEP 4: Carefully remove each pork chop from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.
Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
Tips on making the best frozen pork chops in the air fryer
Here are some 2 tips to making sure you make the best air fryer frozen pork chops:
- Preheat the air fryer: It's important to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking your frozen pork chops in the air fryer. This will ensure that the air fryer is heated to the right temperature and that your pork chops will cook evenly. Preheating also helps to reduce the cooking time, so your pork chops will be ready faster.
- Use a meat thermometer: It's a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure that your pork chops are cooked through and safe to eat. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop and ensure that the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63°C).
What to serve with pork chops?
There are several different sides and accompaniments that go well with pork chops. Here are some ideas:
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts make a delicious and healthy side dish for pork chops. You can also air fryer the vegetables to have a complete air fryer dinner.
- Mashed Cauliflower: Creamy mashed cauliflower is a perfect side dish for pork chops. You can also add some garlic or herbs to the cauliflower for extra flavor.
- Salad: A fresh salad with mixed greens, or this Creamy Keto Greek Salad recipe can provide a light and refreshing contrast to the richness of the pork chops.
- Green beans: Crispy green beans sautéed with butter and garlic can provide a delicious and flavorful contrast to the juicy pork chops.
Ultimately, the choice of side dish will depend on your preferences.
How to store leftover pork chops
To store air fryer pork chop leftovers, follow these steps:
- Let the pork chops cool down: Allow the pork chops to cool down to room temperature before storing them in the refrigerator.
- Place in an airtight container: Transfer the cooled pork chops to an airtight container.
- Label and date: Label the container with a date so you can keep track of how long they've been in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate promptly: the leftover pork chops can remain int he refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat properly: To reheat the leftover pork chops, you can either use the air fryer or oven. If using the air fryer, preheat it to 350°F and air fry for 5-10 minutes until the pork chops are heated through. If using an oven, preheat to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes.
There are many variations for making boneless pork chops in the air fryer. Here are some ideas to try with thawed pork chops:
- Breaded pork chops: Coat the pork chops with crushed pork rind crumbs before air frying them. This will give them a crispy outer coating and add some extra flavor.
- Marinated pork chops: Marinate your pork chops in your favorite marinade for a few hours before air frying them. This will make them more tender and infuse them with extra flavor.
- Glazed pork chops: Brush the pork chops with a glaze made from sugar-free maple syrup and soy sauce before air frying them. This will make a delicious glaze on the pork chops.
- Stuffed pork chops: Slice a pocket into the pork chops and stuff them with a filling of your choice, like cheese, spinach, or mushrooms, before baking them in the air fryer.
- Herb-crusted pork chops: Mix together fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and sage with crushed pork rind crumbs and parmesan cheese, and press the mixture onto the pork chops before throwing them in the air fryer. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture.
By trying out some of these variations you can make different porks chops every week.
Equipment used to make these air fryer frozen pork chops
I do love using my Air Fryer for pork chops and air fryer appetizers. I use it more often than the oven. There are many air fryers on the market, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates' sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
The cooking time for air fryer pork chops can vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops. In general, it takes about 8/10 minutes at 375°F to cook a 1-inch thick pork chop in the air fryer.
Yes, you can cook bone-in pork chops in the air fryer. However, they may take slightly longer to cook than boneless pork chops.
Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- 3 4 oz pork chops
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon swerve brown sugar sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the frozen pork chops in the air fryer basket. Air fryer at 375°F for 5 minutes.3 4 oz pork chops
- While the pork chops are in the air fryer, whisk together the dry rub.1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon swerve brown sugar sweetener, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ⅛ teaspoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- After the 5 minutes in the air fryer, spray both sides of each pork chop with olive oil or cooking spray. Season with the dry rub on both sides. Air fryer at 375°F for 7 minutes per side. May be longer depending on the size of your pork chops. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop and ensure that the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F (63°C).
- Preheat the air fryer: Before cooking your frozen pork chops in the air fryer, it's important to preheat it for a few minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that your pork chops are cooked through and safe to eat, it's a good idea to use a meat thermometer.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Leave a Reply