Get ready for juicy and flavorful chicken every time with this Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs recipe! Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these chicken thighs are coated in your favorite seasoning blend and cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
Quick, easy, and oh so delicious, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- Why you'll love this air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe?
- Ingredients Used
- Steps by step instructions
- Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
- Recipe tips
- What to serve with air fryer chicken thighs?
- How to store leftovers?
- Equipment used to make this recipe
- Frequently asked questions
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Why you'll love this air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe?
- It's Healthy: This boneless, skinless chicken recipe is air-fried, which means it is much healthier than traditional fried chicken. You'll get all the crispy goodness without all the added oil and fat.
- It's Easy: With only a few simple ingredients and quick prep time, this recipe is a breeze to make. Plus, using an air fryer is a convenient and fuss-free way to cook.
- It's Versatile: This recipe can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Serve it as a main dish with your favorite sides, slice it up for a delicious chicken sandwich, or even toss it in a salad for some added protein.
- It's Tasty: This chicken recipe is full of flavor thanks to a savory blend of herbs and spices. You won't miss the skin at all!
- It's Family-Friendly: This recipe is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Kids and adults alike will love the crispy, juicy chicken that's both healthy and delicious. Plus, it's a great way to get some lean protein into your family's diet.
This air fryer boneless skinless chicken thigh recipe uses just a few simple ingredients such as boneless chicken thighs, olive oil, and a flavorful blend of herbs and spices.
- Chicken Thighs: we use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Garlic Powder: for that sweet and nutty pungent flavor, we used powdered garlic because fresh garlic tends to burn in the air fryer.
- Paprika: my number one spice I always use with chicken for the subtle earthiness and sweet and peppery taste.
- Oregano: an aromatic slightly bitter pungent flavor that Mediterranean flavor.
- Oregano: adds a delicious smoky and slightly spicy flavor, which complements the natural flavor of the chicken
- Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make the air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
STEP 1: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F
STEP 2: Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Give them a good toss until well coated. Don't worry about too much olive oil here as it is needed to coat the air fryer basket so the chicken doesn't stick.
STEP 3: Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well combined.
- STEP 4: Transfer the chicken thighs to the preheated air fryer basket. Use the first one to slide around the basket to coat it with olive oil.
STEP 5: Air fryer at 375°F for 8-10 minutes per side depending on the size of the chicken thighs. To ensure that your chicken thighs are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Other air fryer recipes you might enjoy
Top Tip: Make sure to arrange your chicken thighs in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This will allow the hot air to circulate around the chicken, ensuring that it cooks evenly and gets crispy on all sides.
What to serve with air fryer chicken thighs?
Here are a few creative ideas for side dishes that will take your air fryer chicken thigh recipe to the next level:
- Air Fryer Cheesy Cauliflower Balls: a crunchy, cheesy side dish that will have your taste buds singing.
- Panzanella Salad: chunks of low carb bread soaking up all the fresh, juicy flavors of ripe tomatoes, tangy onions and fresh basil.
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes: a perfect sweet and spicy appetizer that is super easy to make
How to store leftovers?
- First things first, let's find a suitable storage container. Look for one that is airtight and can hold your chicken thighs comfortably.
- Before you store your chicken thighs, let them cool down. We don't want to turn your storage container into a chicken sauna.
- Once your chicken thighs are at a reasonable temperature, place them in the container and close the lid. Make sure it's tightly sealed, we don't want any chicken smells escaping and ruining the ambiance of your fridge.
- Now, it's time to pick the perfect spot in your fridge for your chicken thighs to live. You can put them on the top shelf, the bottom shelf, or even in the vegetable drawer. But let's be honest, they'll probably end up next to the half-eaten jar of pickles and that weird cheese you've been meaning to try for the past three months.
- Don't forget to label your container with the date and type of chicken. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Follow these steps and your leftover skinless chicken thighs will be stored properly and ready to eat for the next few days.
Equipment used to make this recipe
I do love using my Air Fryer and I use it more often than the oven. There are many air fryers on the market, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer, but it may take longer to cook than thawed chicken. Be sure to preheat your air fryer and increase the cooking time by around 5-10 minutes. It's also important to check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it's fully cooked to 165°F.
Yes you can, just make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it's fully cooked to 165°F.
Yes, this recipe is low carb with zero carbs per serving and will surely be a great option for people with diabetes.
Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F
- In a large bowl toss the chicken thighs with the olive oil.4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, 2 tablespoon olive oil
- add the remaining ingredients and mix well so that the spices are well distrubuted.¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon paprika, ⅛ teaspoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon chili powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Air fry at 375°F for 10 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165°F
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Leave a Reply