Ultra thin crust, super easy Low Carb Lavash Bread Pizza topped with mozzarella and salami. Quick to make and perfect for a weeknight meal.
When you want pizza but don't want to spend time making a keto fathead dough, this diabetic friendly pizza is for you and ready in just 10 minutes!
You can get carried away with the toppings on this pizza but I like to keep it simple with just a few ingredients that have a lot of flavors.
We like to make this keto lavash bread pizza on busy nights when we work all day and just want to enjoy dinner in front of the TV rather than at the dining room table.
Simple, easy, and quick but so so comforting. This pizza was inspired by Zero Carb Crust Pizza which is also thin crust and delicious but takes a little more time to make.
Why you'll love this lavash bread pizza?
- Super fun and easy to make
- Kids will love it
- Only requires a few ingredients
- Delicious and scrumptious crispy thin crust pizza
- Make it in under 10 minutes
- This pizza is keto, low carb, and diabetic friendly
What is lavash bread pizza?
Lavash breast is a soft flatbread often used to make sandwiches and wraps. Lavash is thinner than flatbread and the Joseph's Lavash Bread only contains 6g net carbs per half a sheet.
You might also like this Lavash Low Carb Crackers recipe.
Making this pizza with simple ingredients like fresh minced garlic, oregano, mozzarella, and salami slices, doesn't get any easier.
- Lavash Bread: super-thin low carb crust makes this pizza extra crispy and irresistible
- Olive Oil: the base of the sauce for this low carb lavash bread pizza
- Mozzarella: keeping it super simple and using freshly grated mozzarella
- Salami: we used thin slices of genoa salami and cut them into ribbons
- Grated Parmesan: adding a nutty and salty flavor to give this pizza just the right amount of pizzazz
- Minced Garlic and Chili Pepper Flakes: mixed with the olive oil and brushed into every divot of this super-soft lavash bread.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make thin-crust low carb lavash bread pizza?
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Mince one clove of fresh garlic and add to a small bowl with the olive oil. Then add the chili flakes and oregano. Whisk together until mixed through.
STEP 2: Place one sheet of lavash bread onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush evenly with the olive oil mixture. Make sure to get all the corners and any little dimples in the bread.
You want all the garlic, oregano, and chili flavors throughout this pizza. However, if you don't like it hot you can omit the chili flakes.
STEP 3: Top the pizza with the mozzarella, and salami ribbons, and then sprinkle it with the freshly grated parmesan.
- STEP 4: Bake in the preheated oven at 425°F for 4-6 minutes or until edges are golden.
- You want it baked enough so it is crispy and not floppy.
- This bread can crisp up real quick so keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn't get too crispy or burnt.
Other low carb recipes you might enjoy
- Keto Fathead Pizza
- Keto Air Fryer Mini Pizzas
- Tajin Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Low Carb Arancini Balls
Top Tip: watch the flatbread pizza so that it does not overcook as it can burn very quickly.
Sauce: brush the olive oil sauce mixture evenly so that the lavash bread is slightly moist. However, adding too much can make the pizza soggy.
- Serving: serve with a side salad like this Low Carb Panzanella Salad
- Storage: wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The toppings for this low-carb pizza are endless, here are just a few ideas on how to customize this recipe to fit your family.
- Vegetarian - omit the salami and use more veggies like red peppers, mushrooms, and onions for a vegetarian pizza.
- Dairy-Free - use vegan cheese instead of mozzarella and parmesan to enjoy this pizza without any dairy.
- Deli Meats - not a fan of salami, use other deli meats like turkey slices, prosciutto or pepperoni.
Frequently asked questions
You can use a low carb marinara sauce for this recipe but not too much as it can make the crust soggy.
Lavash bread can be used just like you would with tortillas or wraps. Make these Low Carb Italian Quesadillas with lavash bread.
A slice of this low-carb lavash bread pizza contains only 1g net carbs per slice. Therefore, I would consider it safe for diabetics to enjoy. However, please monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally as different foods can affect people differently.
Yes, you can make it on a pizza stone rather than a sheet pan.
Thin Crust Low Carb Lavash Bread Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil with the minced garlic, oregano and chili flakes.
- Place a lavash bread onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the lavash bread with the olive oil mixture.
- Top the lavash bread with mozzarella, salami and grated parmesan.
- Bake at 425°F for 4-6 minutes or until the edges are golden.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines