Super Crunchy Low Carb Lavash Crackers, perfect for dips, cheese, or used as a canapé. Make it in under 10 minutes. Only 1g of carbs for 4 crackers.
Inspired by my Low Carb Lavash Bread Pizza recipe, these crackers are a delicious way to enjoy a low-carb snack!
Made with a few simple ingredients like salt, pepper and garlic powder.
You might find traditional style low carb crackers in the grocery stores but I find them to be higher in carbs and not crunchy enough.
When you seriously want that crispy crunchy cracker, this recipe will hit the spot. A perfect low carb, low fat chip style cracker.
Plus they are strong enough to hold their shape while scooping into thick dips like this Whipped Low Carb Ricotta recipe.
- Ingredients used
- Steps by step instructions in 3 easy steps
- STEP 1: Season the lavash bread
- STEP 2: Cut into crackers
- STEP 3: Bake the Crackers
- Other low carb recipes you might enjoy
- Recipe tips
- How to store low carb lavash crackers?
- How to serve these lavash crackers?
- Frequently asked questions
- Crunchy Low Carb Lavash Crackers
Make these low carb crispy lavash crackers in 3 simple steps with these ingredients.
- Lavash Bread: a thin and soft type of flatbread that can also be used as a wrap or pizza.
- Olive Oil: brushing the lavash bread with good quality olive oil not only adds flavor but helps to crisp up the crackers.
- Salt and Pepper: a sprinkle of salt and pepper gives these crackers the right amount of flavor similar to traditional salted crackers.
- Garlic Powder: providing a slight nuttiness and garlicky flavor to these crunchy keto lavash crackers.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions in 3 easy steps
STEP 1: Season the lavash bread
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Place a sheet of lavash bread on a cutting board. Brush the lavash bread with olive oil and evenly sprinkle with the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
STEP 2: Cut into crackers
Use a pizza cutter and form into squares or any other shapes you prefer and then transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure the squares are close together but not touching, they should all be able to fit.
STEP 3: Bake the Crackers
Bake in the oven at 375°F for 6-8 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Allow the crackers to cool before removing them from the baking sheet.
Other low carb recipes you might enjoy
- Jalapeno Bacon Low Carb Pinwheels
- Low Carb Long Island Iced Tea
- Low Carb Italian Quesadillas
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
Lavash is a classic middle eastern bread but not all lavash bread is created equal and is low in carbs, make sure to look at the nutritional panel.
I use Josephs's Lavash Bread which contains 6g net carbs for half a lavash. Trader Joe's sells lavash bread but it is 14g net carbs for half a lavash.
Brushing the lavash with olive oil will make the crackers crispy but too much olive oil may make them soggy and too greasy. About a ¼ cup of olive oil was just right.
Be careful not to overbake the crackers as they can burn easily.
Add a little more texture to these crunchy keto lavash crackers and sprinkle with some sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
How to store low carb lavash crackers?
These low carb lavash crackers won't last long as they are irresistibly crunchy. Store the crackers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
How to serve these lavash crackers?
Dip it: I love dipping these crackers in creamy dips like hummus, pub cheese and whipped dill cream cheese.
Cheese: these crackers are great with cheese like sharp cheddars or nutty gruyere.
Canapé: sounds fancy, a decorative food wrapped or topped with delicious ingredients like prosciutto, flavored cream cheese, smoked salmon and herbs to name a few.
Frequently asked questions
Flatbread is closer to naan or pita bread whereas lavash bread is much thinner and typically made with whole wheat flour.
Lavash bread can also be used to make pizzas, wraps, or burritos.
You can if using low carb tortillas. The taste and texture may be a little different but can work if you can't find lavash bread.
Crunchy Low Carb Lavash Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 1 lavash bread onto a cutting board.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375°F for 6-8 minutes or until golden and crispy. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, tips and variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines