Super delicious and easy, cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Low Carb Pinwheels made with jalapeno pub cheese and bacon crumbles on a low carb tortilla. A simple make-ahead appetizer.
With only 3 ingredients, make these keto diabetic-friendly pinwheels in less than 5 minutes. Only 1g of carb per pinwheel.
Traditional pinwheel recipes are made with cream cheese, ranch dressing and peppers. These jalapeno bacon low carb pinwheels are tasty and full of jalapeno and bacon flavours these pinwheels made with low carb tortillas are a perfect snack or to make as an appetizer for group gatherings.
These pinwheels were inspired by another recipe that uses low carb tortillas that are just as quick and easy to make. These Low Carb Italian Quesadillas are an Italian spin on the traditional quesadillas.
This recipe cannot get any easier, I specifically tested out ingredients to make these pinwheels super tasty without having to use a lot of ingredients.
- Low Carb Tortillas: I used the Mission brand large low carb tortillas for these pinwheels. There are many low carb tortillas on the market, use your favourite brand.
- Jalapeno Pub Cheese: a little spicy and oh so cheesy, I found this jalapeno pub cheese while shopping across the border in the US. If you can't find it in a store near you, use regular pub cheese and mix it with some diced fresh jalapenos with the seeds removed.
- Bacon Crumble: store-bought bacon crumble was used but you can also fry up some bacon and chop it into crumbles.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make jalapeno bacon low carb pinwheels?
STEP 1: Lay a low carb tortilla wrap onto a cutting board and spread evenly with the jalapeno pub cheese.
STEP 2: sprinkle with the bacon crumbles and then roll the tortilla tight from the bottom up. Make sure to keep the roll very tight at the beginning to avoid a hole in the middle of the pinwheel.
STEP 3: Once rolled slice from the centre first and then continue another slice right or left of the centre, about ½ inch thick. Keep slicing the pinwheels until you get to each end. Should make about 8-10 pinwheels.
- STEP 4: Lay flat on a dish or platter and continue to make more if desired.
Other low carb recipes you might enjoy
- Low Carb Lavash Bread Pizza
- Low Carb Million Dollar Dip
- Roasted Kabocha Hummus
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- Cheese Shell Beef Tacos
These keto pinwheels can be consumed immediately but if you want them to set a little more, wrap the rolled tortillas in plastic wrap before cutting and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 hours. Remove from fridge and cut them into pinwheels.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days but these pinwheels are best consumed on the same day as they may get soggy.
Roll the pinwheels as tight as possible so they will look nice and stick together well.
Traditionally I see cream cheese pinwheels or bacon ranch pinwheels but here are some ideas on making low carb pinwheels with different flavours.
- Mexican - spread the tortilla with cream cheese and a layer of salsa, shredded cheddar cheese and taco meat.
- Italian - spread with cream cheese and a thin layer of tomato sauce and salami or mortadella deli meat slices.
- Rueben - spread with horseradish mayo and top with thin slices of roast beef and some sauerkraut.
See more Low Carb Appetizer Recipes.
Frequently asked questions
Corn tortillas are not typically low in carbs. They might be lower in carbs than traditional flour tortillas but may contain anywhere from 15-30 grams of carbs per large corn tortillas.
We do not recommend corn tortillas for this recipe, as the texture will not work the same.
Traditional tortilla chips are usually not very low in carbs but you can use low carb tortillas to make chips.
Simply brush tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt (optional), then cut them into triangles and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 5 minutes or until crispy and slightly golden.
Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Low Carb Pinwheels
- Spread the jalapeno pub cheese evenly onto a large low carb tortilla.
- Top with bacon crumble and roll the tortilla tight.
- Slice into ½ inch pinwheels.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines