Feel like a million bucks with this Low Carb Million Dollar Dip. Super rich and creamy made with 4 different kinds of cheese, bacon crumbles, and toasted slivered almonds.
Serve this dip at your next get-together or keep it in the fridge whenever you have the urge for a satiating snack. Dip with fresh veggies like peppers and celery or some crunchy pork rinds.
I was drooling when I saw Ree Drummond make this Million Dollar Dip recipe on The Pioneer Woman cooking show.
The original recipe was already low carb, so I only made some minor modifications. I like to serve it with big chunks of veggies to balance out the richness in the dip. A perfect diabetic-friendly snack. If you love this keto million dollar dip recipe, check out my Whipped Low Carb Ricotta and Feta Dip recipe.
Main ingredients used to make low carb million dollar dip
Made with 4 different kinds of cheese, crumbled bacon and creamy mayo with green onions, slivered almonds and spices.
- Cream cheese: that mildly sweet taste and pleasant tang make this pie feel like a cheesecake. I use full-fat cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise: adding a rich and creamy texture to this delicious dip.
- Swiss Cheese: sweet, mild and nutty flavours added to this cheesy recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese: I used an old cheddar cheese with an assertive flavour and more crumbly than other cheddars.
- Blue Cheese: pungent with a distinct sharp and salty flavour yet creamy and soft.
- Toasted Slivered Almonds: giving a slight crunch to this creamy dip adds a welcomed contrasting texture.
- Bacon: giving this dip a meaty umami flavour that can only be delivered by crumbly bacon.
Steps by step instructions
How to make low carb million dollar dip?
STEP 1: In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise with a rubber spatula until creamy.
STEP 2: add the cheddar, swiss and blue cheese and mix again. Break down the shreds of cheese so that it is incorporated evenly thorughout.
STEP 3: add the remaining ingredients and mix until all ingredients are mixed through.
- STEP 4: Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 4 hours before serving. Garnish with more sliced green onions and serve with your favourite crunchy veggies sliced into thick pieces, pork rinds or low carb crackers. This dip can also be used as a spread.
Top Tip: the low carb million dollar cream cheese dip is quite thick and requires veggies that are strong enough to scoop into the dip. If using bell peppers, slice them thick so they can be used kind of like a shovel to scoop out the dip. Crackers should also be thick enough to scoop into the dip. Celery and pork rinds are fine.
Snack: I like to make this dip on the weekend and then have it in the fridge to snack on during the week. I also prep and slice peppers and celery and keep them in a covered glass container so I can grab a low-carb snack any time of the day.
As someone with diabetes, I like to keep snacks like this on hand, which is helpful if I feel my blood sugar is low. This recipe is also on my list of super bowl snacks when I have the crew over to watch the game.
Spread it: this dip can also be used as a spread in sandwiches, on burgers, or in a low-carb lettuce wrap or tortilla.
- Set in the fridge: 4 hours should be enough time to sit in the fridge, make sure to cover with plastic wrap.
- Serving: this dip is super filling and is a great appetizer or to nibble on as a snack. I loved the contrast of the fresh veggies with this dip to cut through the richness.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This low carb dip is a great option to serve at large gatherings but due to some dietary restrictions, not everyone can enjoy it. Here are some ways to change it up.
- Vegetarian - swap out the bacon and add some salty green or black olives to make this a vegetarian dip.
- Nut-Free - omit the slivered almonds in case any of your guests have a nut allergy.
- Make two dips - this low carb dip recipe makes quite a lot, why not divide it into two before adding the bacon or nuts? Have one with bacon and one with nuts or however you think your guests would desire.
This recipe is also gluten free.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe is keto friendly and can fit into a keto way of eating as it is only 3 net carbs per ¼ cup (32 grams).
Yes, swap out the cheddar, swiss or blue cheese with your favourite cheese. Gruyere, comte and gorgonzola cheese would be a nice combo but feel free to play around and have fun with it.
Low Carb Million Dollar Dip
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add the cheddar, swiss and blue cheese and mix until evenly combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix through.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with veggies, pork rinds and low carb crackers.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines