This delicious Keto Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is great game day appetizer loaded with shredded rotisserie chicken, cream cheese and ranch dressing.
Perfect for those tailgate parties or any get togethers with groups of friends. Enjoy this low carb dip with your favourite low carb tortillas, cheese crackers, pork rinds or veggies.
Buffalo chicken dips are often known to feed a crowd during game day celebrations but if your someone like me who doesn't watch too much sports, you can enjoy this dip for any large gatherings as it is a great appetizer that serves up to 15 people.
This low carb appetizer was inspired by my favorite Loaded Cauliflower Nachos recipe. Made with roasted cauliflower, taco meat and loads of shredded cheddar.
Table of Contents:
- 📺 Watch how to make this buffalo chicken dip
- 🥘 Ingredients Used
- 👨🏻🍳 Steps to make this delicious buffalo chicken
- 👨🏻🍳 Substitutions and Variations
- ♨️ Top tips and serving suggestions
- 🥣 Equipment used to make
- 💭 Frequently asked questions
- 🍽 Other appetizers you may like
- Keto Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
📺 Watch how to make this buffalo chicken dip
🥘 Ingredients Used
I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make this keto buffalo dip. Plus I added cream cheese, Franks Red Hot Sauce, ranch dressing and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Rotisserie Chicken: When I want chicken on it's own I usually buy a whole chicken and cook it myself but when it's an ingredient for a recipe I will simply pick one up.
- Cream cheese: for that mild sweet taste and pleasant tang makes this pie feel like a cheesecake. I use a full fat cream cheese.
- Franks Red Hot Sauce: this sauce has a rich, buttery flavour with a hint of heat which is why I like this sauce. It's not too hot which means most people can tolerate it.
- Ranch Dressing: I used a creamy ranch dressing for this which lends a hand to the creaminess of the dip
- Sour Cream: for that mild tart flavour and creaminess, this dip is so decadent
👨🏻🍳 Steps to make this delicious buffalo chicken
How to make the keto instant pot buffalo chicken
STEP 1: In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except ½ cup shredded cheddar) together. Mix through until well incorporated.
STEP 2: Toss the mixture into the instant pot. Place the lid on and set to steaming, pressure level to low for 10-15 minutes. Allow to naturally vent for 10 minutes. This is just to warm it through and get everything warm and melty since the chicken is already cooked. If the instant pot alerts you sooner that it's burning like mine did, it's done. You can release the pressure and go to next step.
STEP 3: Preheat the oven to broil. Remove dip from instant pot and place in a large casserole dish that you can also use to serve. Top with remaining cheddar and place in oven on broil for 5 minutes just to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
- STEP 4: Remove the baking dish from oven and top with more green onions and blue cheese crumbles (optional) as a garnish.
👨🏻🍳 Substitutions and Variations
This keto buffalo chicken dip can be use in a variety of ways.
- Lasagna - use my low carb lasagna recipe but replace the meat and sauce with this dip.
- Nachos - scoop the dip onto low carb tortillas or pork rinds on a baking sheet, top with more cheese and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Toppings - top with fresh chopped chives or cilantro for added flavours.
- Cheese: use a white cheddar as a natural alternative to yellow cheddar
Another party appetizer is this Low Carb Instant Pot Chili recipe
♨️ Top tips and serving suggestions
Top Tip: Make this dip ahead of time and place covered in the refrigerator just after cooking in the instant pot. When ready to serve place in a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes and broil for 3-5 minutes.
Note: this dip will thicken as it cools, please check on it after serving and give it a mix, it also helps if you want to zap it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Serving: Serve this dip with low carb tortillas, cheese crisps, pork rinds and veggies like peppers, celery and carrots.
- Storage: if you have any leftovers you can store in the fridge in a covered container for up to 3 days. Warm up in the oven or microwave before consuming. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
🥣 Equipment used to make
💭 Frequently asked questions
Most people think it's because of the Franks Hot Sauce but historically it goes back to a restaurant called the Anchor Bar located in Buffalo, New York.
This dip in 4g of carbohydrates per serving so it is likely to fit into a ketogenic, low carb or diabetic diet as an appetizer.
Yes, once you have all ingredients mixed together, place in a large greased casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F, then add more cheese on top and broil for 5 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love if you would share on social or pin on pinterest.
Keto Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except ½ cup shredded cheddar). Mix through until well incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into the instant pot. Place the lid on and set to steaming, pressure level to low for 15 minutes (may need less time). Allow to naturally vent for 10 minutes. If the instant pot alerts you that it's burning like mine did, it's done. You can release the pressure and go to next step.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Remove dip from instant pot and place in a large casserole dish that you can also use to serve. Top with remaining cheddar and place in oven on broil for 5 minutes just to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with more green onions and blue cheese as a garnish.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines