Tasty, quick and easy Tortilla Pizza made in the air fryer in under 5 minutes. Topped with pepperoni and mozzarella, this simple-to-make, 4 ingredient recipe is a perfect way to get your pizza fix without having to use the oven.
Keeping the carbs to a minimum this low carb and diabetic friendly tortilla pizza air fryer will be on rotation every week.
Air fryer tortilla pizza made with a low carb wrap is a simple process even kids can make this delicious pizza. This recipe was inspired by my Keto Pizza Air Fryer recipe.
Pizza is a weekly meal in my house but sometimes I don't have time to make the dough, so this recipe works in a pinch when you just want to enjoy a pizza without all the fuss. We used to use air fryer frozen pizzas when we weren't watching the carbs but those days are long gone.
Ingredients Used for Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
To make this air fryer tortilla pizza recipe we use a low carb wrap and just a few simple ingredients you will likely have in your fridge or pantry.
- Low Carb Tortilla: there are so many on the market, you may have to order online if you can't find them in your grocery store, especially if you live in Canada like me. My favorite is La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Wraps.
- Pepperoni: a classic ingredient for pizza, giving this pizza a salty, spicy and tangy flavor.
- Mozzarella: we shred mozzarella and layer it over the pepperoni.
- Tomato Sauce: use your best low carb tomato sauce for this recipe or if you are like me you don't use a lot of sauce so what I have in the pantry sometimes works for me.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make Tortilla Pizza Air Fryer?
STEP 1: Evenly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place a tortilla in the basket and brush with tomato sauce or pizza sauce. Make sure you get all the edges.
I prefer less sauce usually but you can use as much as you want. Just don't overdo it as the tortilla could get soggy if too much is used.
STEP 2: Next add the slices of pepperoni and then the ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella.
As mentioned, you can add as much topping as you prefer but keep in mind the tortilla is quite thin and may not be able to hold a lot of ingredients.
I used 6 pepperoni slices. This is optional but adding a little dry oregano really gives it that pizza flavor.
STEP 3: Cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 3-4 minutes. You may want to check it after about a minute to see if any ingredients are flying around as the air circulation tends to do this. Simply move the ingredients back and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is sizzling.
Gently remove the pizza with a spatula or a large pancake flipper. See how I did it in the video.
- STEP 4: Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and allow it to cool for about 1 minute. Cut into 4 slices and serve.
Other pizza recipes you might enjoy
- Zero Carb Crust Pizza
- Diabetic Friendly Fathead Keto Pizza
- Low Carb Lavash Bread Pizza
- Keto Air Fryer Pizza
Top Tip: layer the pepperoni first before the mozzarella. The mozzarella cheese will help keep the pepperoni from flying around in the air fryer due to the air circulation. If the pepperoni does move around, simply move them back into place and continue air frying.
Hot Tip: gently remove the pizza once it's cooked, you may want to use oven mitts to avoid burning yourself in the air fryer basket. A large pancake flipper worked well to remove the pizza tortilla.
- Serving: top with a light drizzle of olive oil, and some fresh basil and serve with a Low Carb Panzanella Salad.
- Storage: if you do have leftovers store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 300°F for 1 minute.
The variations for pizza toppings are endless, here are a few ways I have made these Air Fryer Pizza Tortillas:
- Meat - swap out the pepperoni and use other meats like taco meat, proscuitto, bacon or thin slices of steak. Just remember not to overload the ingredients as the tortilla is really thin.
- Cheese: use other cheeses like provolone, parmesan, havarti, goat cheese or cheddar.
- Vegan - omit the meat and add some veggies like sliced pepper and onions while using a vegan cheese.
- Sweet - make a sweet pizza by topping it with a low carb jam, peanut butter and a drizzle of low carb chocolate syrup.
Check out this Low Carb Pinwheel recipe that also uses low carb tortillas.
Equipment used to make Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
I do love using my Air Fryer and I use it more often than the oven. There are many air fryers on the market, here are just a few.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliates sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can. Preferably a low carb pita bread to avoid extra carbs.
With so many low carb tortillas on the market, it can vary but the ones I used in this recipe with the added ingredients are about 6 net carbs per pizza?
It can be considered keto, depending on your daily macros and what else you consume before and after.
Other Air fryer recipes you might enjoy
- Crispy Air Fried Zucchini Chips
- Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Asian BBQ Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Bites
- Air Fryer Chocolate Donuts
Tortilla Pizza in the Air Fryer (Low Carb)
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil or cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the air fryer basket and top with sauce, pepperoni and shredded mozzarella.
- Air fry at 400°F for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer basket with a large pancake spatula. Allow to rest for 1 minute and then slice and serve.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines