Quick and easy Keto Strawberry Mousse. Made with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and sweetener. Keeping it sugar free and diabetic friendly. This low carb strawberry mousse is a perfectly fluffy, creamy dessert.
If you haven't noticed, I do have a lot of mousse recipes on this website. I am a mousse lover, mostly because they are easy to make and I enjoy a creamy dessert.
I love this strawberry mousse recipe because I love strawberries but also it's so easy and simple to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Other low carb dessert mousse recipes you might enjoy
- Sugar Free Lemon Mousse
- Sugar Free Tiramisu Mousse
- Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- Low Carb Shamrock Shake Mousse
- High Protein Mousse
Why you'll love this keto strawberry mousse recipe
- Quick and easy to make. Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this easy keto strawberry mousse.
- A great low carb dessert option with only 4g net carbs per serving.
- Great for all occasions like birthdays, mother's day, valentines day or really any occasion.
- Individual dessert for easy serving. Can portion control by storing the keto strawberry dessert in small mason jars and keeping them in the fridge.
- Healthy, sugar-free and diabetic friendly made without sugar so you can enjoy it without the guilt.
Keto strawberry mousse ingredients
Super simple and made with only these 5 ingredients. Here are the strawberry mousse ingredients.
- Fresh Strawberries: quartered and blended with sweetener
- Heavy Whipping Cream: giving this mousse that super rich and creamy texture
- Powdered Sweetener: my go-to in Canada is erythritol, simply because allulose is not typically sold here due to health and food regulations as it is fairly new. Monk fruit is also a good option.
- Cream Cheese: for that thick and creamy texture that also gives this recipe a little tangy flavor.
- Vanilla Extract: to bring out all the flavors in this keto strawberry mousse recipe.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make keto strawberry mouse?
STEP 1: In a blender purée the strawberries and sweetener.
STEP 2: With a mixer and a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with the softened cream cheese and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. About 1 minute on high.
STEP 3: Gently fold the strawberry purée into the whipped cream mixture. Then mix again with the mixer on high for about 30 seconds. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with strawberry slices and candy hearts for decoration if serving for valentines day.
Top Tip: I am often asked about using granular sweeteners instead of powdered sweeteners. For many recipes, I find it's ok but for smooth and creamy recipes like this one powdered sweetener is a must. If you only have granular simply blend it in the blender until powdered.
- Set in the fridge: let the strawberry mousse chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Serving: Enjoy served with fresh strawberries, low-carb chocolate or simply on its own with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Use any of your favorite berries in place of the strawberries.
- Add some lemon zest to the strawberry mixture for a lemony zest.
- Strawberry and chocolate go great together, fold in some shards of your favorite low carb chocolate.
- Make extra strawberry puree and save it to drizzle on top of the mousse.
Check out this delicious Low Carb Strawberry Pound Cake recipe.
Frequently asked questions
If you are following a low-carb diet that includes high fat, this recipe may be suitable for you as it is made with sugar substitutes. Please monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally.
Heavy cream is whipping cream 35% which is what we use here in Canada. However, in other countries, you may call it double cream although it has a higher fat content.
You can substitute heavy cream with coconut cream for this recipe. However, please make sure not to use coconut milk, it needs to be coconut cream.
Keto Strawberry Mousse
- Puree the strawberries and sweetener in a blender.2 cups strawberries, 2 tablespoon low carb sweetener
- Use a mixer to whip the heavy cream, softened cream cheese and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.1.5 cups heavy whipping cream, 3 oz cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the puree into the whipped cream, then mix again for about 30 seconds.
- Cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, tips and variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines