This quick and easy low carb sheet pan chicken is going to be your new favourite meal. Simply lightly pan fry chicken thighs and chop some veggies, toss and in the oven they go.
If you were to ask me what my favourite recipe is, I would have to choose a one pan dinner like this one. I have always loved casseroles and one pot dinner and this sheet pan dinner hits all the marks for me.
I love how this all comes together and the beautiful colours of the peppers, onions, fresh lemons and herbs just make me feel so good and healthy. Each serving is only 5g net carbs but it's a healthy portion with 1 chicken thigh and loads of roasted veggies.
What is a Sheet Pan Chicken?
Sheet pan chicken is simply chicken and veggies of your choice mixed together with some olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Then layed out onto a sheet pan and roasted in the oven until everything becomes golden, a little crispy and almost caramelized. It's always been my favourite way to cook veggies.
What kind of Herbs can I use?
For this recipe I used fresh rosemary and thyme but you can use any herbs your prefer such as sage, mint, cilantro.
How long do you cook Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken?
I cooked it in the oven for about 35 minutes but it all depends on the veggies you use. I used bell peppers, zucchini, onions and broccoli which is a good mix of veggies but they came together so well. Coupled with the fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil, you can't go wrong with this selection.
Do I have to pan fry the chicken first?
You should pan fry the chicken first in order to get it lightly cooked. Since chicken may take more time in the oven, you rish over cooking the veggies. Plus I don't like mixing raw meat with veggies and prefer to lightly cook meat prior to mixing with anything else.
For another one pot chicken dinner checkout out this delicious Braised Ginger Chicken recipe.
Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken with Veggies and Fresh Herbs
- 4 chicken thighs skin on, bone in (can use more chicken thighs if needed)
- 2 large bell pepper
- 1 crown broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 3 sprigs
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Use a saute pan and fry the chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until lightly golden on both side, set aside
- Chop all veggies into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl
- slice the lemon into ½ inch slices and add to bowl
- add the herbs and garlic, 3 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until everything is mixed.
- add all contents from the bowl onto a lined baking sheet
- nestle in the 4 chicken thighs on the pan between the veggies
- bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until everything is nicely roasted
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Looking for diabetes friendly products? Check out SwitchGrocery for an online grocery experience in Canada.