Quench your thirst with our delicious Sugar Free Lemonade recipe! Made with fresh lemons, natural sweeteners, and no added sugars, this refreshing drink is perfect for a hot summer day.
Plus, it's low in calories and guilt-free! Try it now and enjoy the zesty flavor of lemon without the extra sugar.
Sugar-free lemonade is a refreshing drink that offers the classic tart and tangy flavor of traditional lemonade, without the added calories and sugar.
Instead of using sugar, it's sweetened with alternative sweeteners like stevia or erythritol, making it a great option for those watching their sugar intake or trying to reduce their overall calorie consumption.
It's easy to make at home by mixing lemon juice, water, and your preferred sweetener, and can also be found in stores in pre-made mixes or bottled varieties.
Why you'll love this sugar free lemonade
Here are five reasons why you'll love sugar-free lemonade:
- Low in Calories: Unlike regular lemonade, which is loaded with sugar and calories, sugar-free lemonade is a low-calorie drink that won't derail your diet or healthy lifestyle.
- No Sugar Crash: Since sugar-free lemonade is sweetened with alternative sweeteners, it won't cause a sugar crash or leave you feeling sluggish after drinking it.
- Refreshing and Tart: Sugar-free lemonade has the same refreshing and tart flavor as traditional lemonade, making it a great thirst quencher on a hot day.
- Good for Blood Sugar Control: For people with diabetes or other blood sugar concerns, sugar-free lemonade can be a great alternative to regular lemonade, as it won't cause blood sugar spikes.
- Easy to Make: Making sugar free keto lemonade at home is quick and easy - all you need is lemon juice, water, and your preferred sweetener. Plus, you can customize the sweetness to your taste preferences.
The sugar-free lemonaid is made with simple and wholesome ingredients that are low in calories and good for blood sugar control.
- Fresh Lemons: Using fresh lemon juice in sugar-free lemonade provides a bright and authentic flavor that cannot be replicated by using pre-packaged lemon juice.
- Liquid Stevia: allows for a smoother and more consistent sweetness throughout the drink, without any grittiness or texture that can come from using granular sweeteners. Alternatively, you can use this sugar free simply syrup recipe.
- Water: Using filtered water to make sugar-free lemonaide ensures that the water is clean and free from impurities, which can affect the taste and quality of the drink.
- Ice Cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make sugar free lemonaid?
STEP 1: Start by squeezing about 8-9 lemons to get 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Using a large pitcher add the fresh lemon juice, water and liquid sweetener. Stir until fully combined.
STEP 2: Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness and tartness as needed by adding more sweetener or lemon juice, respectively.
Add ice cubes to the pitcher or glasses and pour the lemonade over the ice and stir with a straw.
Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves if desired. Serve and enjoy.
Tips for making the best sugar free lemonade
Here are two tips for making the best sugar-free lemonade ever:
- Chill the Lemonade: For the best taste and texture, chill your lemonade in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving, as this will allow the flavors to meld together and the ice cubes to melt slightly.
- Use Quality Water: Using quality filtered water for your lemonade is important, as it can affect the taste and quality of the drink. Try to use filtered water that is free from impurities and has a neutral taste, as this will allow the lemon flavor to shine through.
Here are five sugar-free recipe variations for lemonade:
- Strawberry Lemonade: Add sliced strawberries to the pitcher before pouring in the lemonade mixture for a fruity twist on classic lemonade.
- Ginger Lemonade: Add freshly grated ginger to the pitcher for a spicy and refreshing take on lemonade.
- Lavender Lemonade: Add a few drops of lavender extract or a handful of fresh lavender flowers to the pitcher for a floral and relaxing twist on lemonade.
- Mint Lemonade: Add a handful of fresh mint leaves to the pitcher for a refreshing and cooling flavor.
- Peach Lemonade: Add sliced fresh peaches to the pitcher for a sweet and juicy variation on classic lemonade.
Frequently asked questions
Sugar-free lemonaide can be a healthy alternative to regular lemonade, as it contains fewer calories and less sugar. However, it's important to use natural sweeteners and avoid artificial sweeteners to ensure the drink is truly healthy.
Some good sugar substitutes for lemonade include stevia, erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, and xylitol. These natural sweeteners provide a similar sweetness to sugar without affecting blood sugar levels.
Sugar-free lemonade can last in the fridge for up to 1 week, depending on the freshness of the ingredients used. Be sure to store the lemonade in an airtight container and give it a stir before serving, as some separation may occur over time.
Sugar Free Lemonade
- 1.5 cups lemon juice about 9 lemons
- 7 cups water
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- Start by squeezing about 8-9 lemons to get 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Using a large pitcher add the fresh lemon juice, water and liquid sweetener. Stir until fully combined.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness and tartness as needed by adding more sweetener or lemon juice, respectively.Add ice cubes to the pitcher or glasses and pour the lemonade over the ice and stir with a straw.Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves if desired. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.