This low carb Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Cilantro Dressing is one of my favourite dishes. Crispy roasted cauliflower drizzled with tangy tahini and the fresh taste of cilantro make this a great low carb side dish.
I take cauliflower florets and roast them until they are golden and crispy, then serve them with a 5 ingredient tahini cilantro dressing. Drizzle it all over the cauliflower or dip the florets into the dressing. Either way this low carb dish will be your new fav.
🥘 Ingredient notes
The combination of tahini and cilantro adds an element of creaminess, the dressing can be used with many other dishes like falafels, on top of steaks or chicken and even as a sauce on a zoodle pasta. If you are not a fan of tahini, you may also enjoy roasted cauliflower with this CIlantro Lime Crema recipe.
- Cauliflower: I used a medium sized cauliflower for this recipe.
- Tahini: giving a nutty and strong earthy flavor gives the dressing it's creaminess.
- Cilantro: this green leafy herb has a warm, spicy and nutty flavour that gives this crema a special tangy citrus flavour.
- Lime: adding the tart and acidity with a little sweetness goes a long way
- Garlic: my favourite ingredient of all time. Even though we are using fresh garlic the cilantro and lime help mellow it out.
👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
How to make Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Cilantro Dressing
STEP 1: trim and clean the cauliflower and chop into bite sized pieces
STEP 2: add the florets to a large bowl and season with the olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika and toss until florets are evenly coated
STEP 3: spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 425 °F for 20 minutes, toss and bake for another 10 minutes.
- STEP 4: for the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
🍴 More diabetic friendly recipes
⏲️ Tips and serving suggestions
- Set in the fridge: Allow pie to set in the fridge for 4 hours before consuming.
- Serving: this recipe is great with a meat dish like my low carb korean bbq short ribs, a ribeye steak or grilled chicken, eggplant or zucchini
- Storage: the tahini cilantro dressing can be stored in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks
- Variations: you can sub out the cilantro with fresh basil or parsley
- Pro tip: slicing the cauliflower into bite sized pieces so that there are more flat sides will create more crispy edges. Make sure when you spread out the cauliflower on the sheet pan to lay the flat edges down so they have greater contact with the pan. If the sheet pan is overcrowded the cauliflower may not come out as crispy.
💭 Frequently asked questions
The cauliflower should be rinsed off and dried to avoid the moisture from making them soggy when roasting.
Usually an overcrowded pan will make the cauliflower mushy. You may need to use 2 baking pans for the cauliflower.
Parsley, dill or basil can be a good replacement for the cilantro.
A serving of the roasted cauliflower with the dressing is only 3g net carbs. This would be considered low carb and would likely not spike your blood sugars if you are a diabetic and concerned about your blood sugars.
🍽 Other recipes you may like
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Cilantro Dressing
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Tahini Cilantro Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Trim and clean cauliflower and cut into bite sized pieces. Try to cut more flat sides for extra crispiness
- Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, black pepper and paprika
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425 °F oven for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Tahini Cilantro Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water for desired consistency. Drizzle over roasted cauliflower or serve in a small bowl for dipping.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
I love roasted cauliflower, but the way I used to cook it was so boring compared to this recipe! The tahini cilantro dressing takes the cauliflower up a notch! Awesome recipe!
Delicious - we love cauliflower and it works so well with this lovely dressing.
I am always looking for new ways to cook cauliflower! Sounds delicious!
These look so tasty!
This was such a simple yet so delicious recipe. I loved the cauliflower with the tahini sauce! It was flavored just right and I enjoyed it as a healthy snack.
I loved the dressing! Yum