Dive into the holiday spirit with our Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars. Indulge in a guilt-free dessert that's rich in flavor and low in sugar. Perfect for a low carb diabetic lifestyle.
Made with a chocolate almond flour crust, a cream cheese peppermint chocolate filling and topped with a chocolate ganache with crushed sugar-free peppermint candy.
- Why you'll love this sugar free peppermint mocha cheesecake bars recipe
- Other holiday recipes you might enjoy
- Recipe variations
- Main ingredients
- Steps by step instructions
- Recipe tips
- Serving Suggestions
- Frequently asked questions
- Other holiday recipes you might enjoy
- Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars
Having personally crafted and enjoyed these Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars, I can attest to the delightful balance of rich mocha and refreshing peppermint.
The almond flour crust adds a perfect touch, making this recipe a favorite in my kitchen and a must-try for anyone seeking a delicious, guilt-free holiday treat.
If you adore the irresistible blend of peppermint and mocha, you're sure to fall for this Ninja Creami Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Ice Cream recipe!
Why you'll love this sugar free peppermint mocha cheesecake bars recipe
- Diabetic-Friendly Ingredients: Crafted with diabetic-friendly alternatives like almond flour and sugar substitutes, this recipe caters to individuals managing diabetes without compromising on taste.
- Low-Carb Delight: Ideal for those following a low-carb lifestyle, the use of almond flour in the crust and sugar-free sweeteners ensures a delicious yet low-carbohydrate dessert option.
- Mocha-Infused Decadence: The rich, velvety mocha flavor in the cheesecake filling adds a decadent touch, satisfying cravings for a delightful blend of chocolate and coffee. Want more coffee flavors, check out this Keto Tiramisu Mousse recipe.
- Sugar-Free Peppermint Bliss: With a topping featuring sugar-free peppermint, this dessert brings a festive touch without the added sugars, making it a guilt-free indulgence during the holiday season. Just like this Sugar Free Peppermint Shortbread Cookie recipe.
- Versatile & Crowd-Pleasing: Whether served as a festive dessert or a sweet treat year-round, these Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars are versatile, ensuring a crowd-pleasing delight for various occasions.
This Keto Cheesecake Bar recipe with blueberries might be another recipe to add to your baking list.
Now, let's switch things up a bit. Check out these tasty variations for a different take on this sugar free peppermint mocha cheesecake recipe.
- Almond Flour Crust Swap - Replace the almond flour crust with a crushed pecan crust for added nutty flavor.
- Coconut Infusion - Infuse coconut flavor by using coconut flour in the crust and adding coconut cream to the filling.
- Dark Chocolate Boost - Enhance the chocolate richness by using dark cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa powder.
- Nutty Espresso Twist - Add a coffee crunch by incorporating finely ground espresso beans into the crust.
- Vanilla Mint Swirl - Introduce a vanilla undertone by using vanilla-flavored cream cheese and adding a peppermint swirl.
After exploring these twists, your collection of low-carb desserts is sure to expand. Try these inventive versions for a fresh spin on sugar-free satisfaction!
Crafted with precision, these bars seamlessly blend flavors to deliver a decadent and diabetic-friendly Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake experience.
- Almond Flour: Adds a nutty flavor and crumbly texture to the crust, serving as a low-carb and gluten-free base.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Imparts a deep chocolate flavor to both the crust and filling, aligning with the sugar-free approach.
- Cream Cheese: Forms a creamy and luscious base for the cheesecake filling, providing a smooth canvas for flavors.
- Peppermint Extract: Adds a refreshing and minty note to the filling, creating the distinctive peppermint flavor.
- Espresso Powder: Enhances the mocha element, offering a robust coffee flavor to complement chocolate and peppermint.
- Sugar-Free Sweetener: Provides sweetness without traditional sugars, making the dessert diabetic-friendly and low-carb.
See the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make these low carb peppermint mocha cheesecake bars?
STEP 1: Make the Crust
In a food processor, combine almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, melted butter, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract. Pulse until well mixed and crumbly. Press the mixture into a greased and parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish, creating an even crust.
STEP 2: The Cream Cheese Filling
Using an electric mixer and a large bowl, blend brown sweetener, egg, peppermint extract, and espresso powder until well combined. Incorporate cocoa powder and mix again. Add softened cream cheese in pieces, mixing until creamy and smooth.
In a separate bowl, warm up the heavy whipping cream in the microwave, add chocolate chips, and stir until melted. Pour this chocolate mixture over the cream cheese filling and mix thoroughly. Finally, pour the combined mixture over the crust, ensuring an even layer, and smooth it out with a spatula.
Baking: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
STEP 3: The Ganache Topping
Topping: For the topping, once again warm up the heavy whipping cream in the microwave, add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add the espresso powder and peppermint extract to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Pour the topping over the chilled filling.
Final Touch: Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over the top. Refrigerate again until the topping is set. Once fully chilled, cut into bars and savor the delightful combination of mocha, peppermint, and creamy goodness!
- Even Crust Thickness: Ensure an evenly baked crust by pressing it firmly and uniformly into the baking dish. Pay attention to the edges to avoid uneven baking. A flat-bottomed measuring cup can be helpful for achieving a consistent thickness.
- Microwave Melting Mastery: Achieve precise chocolate melting by microwaving the heavy cream in short intervals, stirring in between. Once warmed, add the sugar-free chocolate chips gradually, stirring continuously. This gradual and attentive process prevents overheating, ensuring a smooth and luscious chocolate topping for your bars.
- Clean Slices: For clean and neat slices, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry between cuts. This helps to create precise portions without the filling sticking to the knife.
Store the Low Carb Peppermint Cheesecake Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, they can maintain freshness for up to 4-5 days. The cold temperature helps preserve the creamy texture and flavors.
Freezing: For longer storage, these bars can be frozen. Wrap individual bars tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. They can be frozen for up to 1-2 months. To thaw, transfer the bars to the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. While freezing may slightly alter the texture, the delicious taste remains intact.
- Chilled Delight: Serve the Keto Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars chilled for the best texture and flavor. The cold temperature enhances the creamy consistency, making each bite a delightful experience.
- Garnish Before Serving: Add a final touch by sprinkling additional crushed peppermint candy or a dusting of cocoa powder on top just before serving. This not only enhances the presentation but also provides a hint of extra flavor.
- Accompany with Coffee or Tea: Pair these indulgent bars with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or your favorite tea for a well-rounded and satisfying dessert experience. The combination of mocha and peppermint flavors complements a warm beverage perfectly.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! These bars are crafted with keto-friendly ingredients, ensuring a delightful treat without compromising your low-carb lifestyle.
Certainly! If you prefer to omit the peppermint flavor, you can by excluding the peppermint extract and the peppermint candy. The result will be a rich and indulgent mocha-flavored cheesecake bars, allowing you to enjoy the classic combination of chocolate and coffee without the refreshing hint of peppermint.
Yes, just omit the espresso powder in the recipe and you can enjoy a chocolate mint cheesecake bar.
Other holiday recipes you might enjoy
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #ihackeddiabetes on social! We love seeing what you are making.
Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Bars
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream 35% or double cream
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup sugar free crushed candy canes or peppermint candy
- Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor or mix in a bowl until well mixed and crumbly. Press the mixture into a greased and parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish, creating an even crust. Set aside.1.5 cups almond flour, 3.5 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder, 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener sugar substitute, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl and a mixer, combine the brown sweetener, egg, peppermint extract and espresso powder. Incorporate cocoa powder and mix again. Add softened cream cheese in pieces, mixing until creamy and smooth.1 large egg, ½ cup brown sweetener, 16 oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- In a separate bowl, warm up the heavy whipping cream in the microwave, add chocolate chips, and stir until melted. Pour this chocolate mixture over the cream cheese filling and mix thoroughly.½ cup heavy whipping cream 35%, 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Pour the combined mixture over the crust, ensuring an even layer, and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Warm up the heavy whipping cream in the microwave, add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add the espresso powder and peppermint extract to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Pour the topping over the chilled filling.¼ cup heavy whipping cream 35%, 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips, ½ teaspoon espresso powder, ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sprinkle crushed sugar free peppermint candy over the top. Refrigerate again until the topping is set. Once fully chilled, cut into bars and savor the delightful combination of mocha, peppermint, and creamy goodness!¼ cup sugar free crushed candy canes or peppermint candy
- Serve chilled for the best texture and flavor.
- Add a final touch by sprinkling additional crushed peppermint candy on top just before serving.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, we may receive a commission in return. I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.