I'm excited to share this Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream made in the Ninja Creami machine. It's a super creamy ice cream with buttered pecans made low-carb and diabetic friendly.
This low carb butter pecan ice cream is rich and delicious, full of buttery pecan flavors a heavenly homemade ice cream that tastes as if it came from your favorite ice cream joint.
- Why you'll love this sugar free butter pecan ice cream recipe
- Other sugar-free ninja ice cream recipes you might enjoy
- Ingredients Used
- How to make Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream?
- STEP 1: Blend the Vanilla Ice Cream
- STEP 2: Pour into Ninja Pint
- STEP 3: Make the Buttered Pecans
- STEP 4: Mix-in the Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- STEP 5: Add the Sugar Free Butter Pecans
- Recipe tips
- Recipe variations
- Equipment used to make
- Frequently asked questions
- Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream (Ninja Creami)
I enjoy this keto butter pecan ice cream all year round. The crunchy toasted buttery pecans give it that warming feeling while the cold creamy texture cools me down in the summer. It's truly one of my favorite ice cream recipes.
If you love Sugar Free Ninja Creami Recipes, check out my Top 5 Sugar Free Ninja Creami Ice Cream Recipes PDF E-book.
Why you'll love this sugar free butter pecan ice cream recipe
- Sweet rich caramel flavors with crunchy buttered pecans, what's not to love?
- Made with roasted pecans in a sweet buttery mixture until golden brown.
- Easy to make in the ninja creami machine with just a few simple ingredients.
- Everyone loves butter pecan ice cream and they won't even know it's sugar free
- It's low carb, diabetic friendly, keto and gluten free so it checks a lot of boxes.
- Kids love this ice cream, it's one of the most requested ice creams.
Other sugar-free ninja ice cream recipes you might enjoy
- Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Low Carb Blueberry Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Butterscotch Ice Cream
- Gingerbread Ice Cream
Made with fresh strawberries, an almond crust and a creamy filling this low carb pie will feel like you are eating a luscious dessert.
- Almond Milk: we used unsweetened almond milk, you can use your favorite base for this recipe.
- Cream cheese: adding some creamy texture to this ice cream, giving it a super rich mouth feel.
- Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding: keeping it sugar-free, use this pudding as the stabilizer in this low carb butter pecan recipe. Can either use Jello Pudding mix or Simply Delish which is made without aspartame.
- Sweetener: I used powdered erythritol for this recipe, feel free to use your favorite sweetener like allulose or monk fruit.
- Butter: we melt the butter with the sweetener and then add the roasted pecans until browned and caramely.
- Roasted Pecans: you can either purchase roasted pecans or roast them before adding to the butter.
- Vanilla Extract
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream?
STEP 1: Blend the Vanilla Ice Cream
In a blender add the almond milk, water, cream cheese, vanilla extract and vanilla pudding mix. Blend for 30 seconds at high speed.
STEP 2: Pour into Ninja Pint
After blending, pour the mixture into a ninja creami pint and place in the freezer for 24 hours with the lid on.
STEP 3: Make the Buttered Pecans
Melt the butter in a medium pan with the sweetener over medium-low heat. Then add the pecans and cook until the butter has browned and the pecans turn dark in color. Store in an airtight container until you are ready to mix the ice cream.
STEP 4: Mix-in the Butter Pecan Ice Cream
After 24 hours remove the pint from the freezer and place in the ninja creami outer bowl, lock in the lid and spin the mixture using the "smoothie bowl" button.
STEP 5: Add the Sugar Free Butter Pecans
After the spin is complete remove the lid and create a 1-2 inch well down the centre and add the buttered pecans. Place the lid back on and spin it using the "mix-in" button.
After you mixed in the pecans, the sugar free butter pecan ice cream will be ready to serve. Enjoy.
Top Tip: depending on your freezer temperature it can result in a more crumbly like texture in the ice cream if your freezer is too cold. You may want to leave the ice cream out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes before spinning it in the ninja cream machine.
- Set in the freezer: allow the pint to sit in the freezer for the full 24 hours before spinning in the machine.
- Storage: store any uneaten ice cream in the pint with the lid on in the freezer. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before consuming, no need to spin again.
This creamy and delicious sugar free butter pecan ice cream is fantastic as is. However, here are a few ideas to change it up.
- Walnuts - instead of pecans use walnuts
- Chocolate Chips - add low carb chocolate chips to the "mix-in" for a super chocolatey addition to this keto butter pecan ice cream.
- Maple - add a touch of maple syrup to the ice cream and use a low carb maple syrup to keep it a low carb butter pecan ice cream.
- Light - make it a light ice cream and omit the cream cheese.
Equipment used to make
The Ninja Creami is an amazing ice cream maker that makes ice cream, sorbet, sherbert and milkshakes. It's a new toy for me and it has my creative juices flowing with endless ninja cream recipe ideas.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I can make a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Traditional butter pecan ice cream is made with a vanilla custard base, and a buttery taste with roasted pecans.
This ice cream is made with no sugar added ingredients like sweetener and a sugar free pudding mix. Therefore it contains much less sugar than the traitional ice cream. Please monitor your blood sugars to see how different foods affect you personally as everyone is different.
This ice cream recipe contains 5g net carbs per ¼ pint and therefore can fit into your daily macros if you are following a keto diet.
Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream (Ninja Creami)
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 packet sugar free vanilla instant pudding or vanilla jello pudding mix - can use minimum of 2 tablespoon if you don't want it as thick.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup roasted pecans
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter use salted if preferred
- 2 tablespoon powdered erythritol or allulose, monk fruit
- Mix the almond milk, water, cream cheese, vanilla extract and vanilla instant pudding in a blender on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour into the ninja pint and store in the freezer for 24 hours.
- In a medium pan melt the sweetener and butter together, then add the toasted pecans. Cook over medium/low until the butter has browned and the pecans turn a dark brown color. Store in an airtight container and set aside until the next day.
- Afer 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer, place in the ninja creami outer bowl, place the lid in place and lock it into the machine. Use the "smoothie bowl" button for best results.
- Remove from the machine and create a 1-2 inch well down the centre of the ice cream, fill the hole with the buttered pecans and spin once againusing the "mix-in" button. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines