This Keto Crack Chicken recipe is full of flavour and made with creamy and tart cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and ranch seasoning. You will not be able to resist this mouth watering and delicious dish.
At only 4g of carbs per serving this dish is likely to fit into your daily macros, whether you are keto, low carb or diabetic like me and don't want those blood sugar spikes.
🥘 Ingredient notes
Made with tender chicken breasts, cream cheese, ranch dressing and bacon this tasty keto crack chicken will be your weekly go to dish.
- Chicken Breasts: each filet is sliced in half crosswise for easy baking and to create an even layer in the casserole.
- Cream cheese: for that mild sweet taste and pleasant tang.
- Bacon: crispy, salty and savoury flavours that you can only get from bacon.
- Ranch Seasoning: creamy and tangy with hints of garlic and onion.
👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
How to make the Keto Crack Chicken
STEP 1: Slice bacon and pan fry until crispy, set aside
STEP 2: In a medium bowl combine the softened cream cheese, half of the shredded cheddar, half of the cooked bacon and the dry ranch seasoning.
STEP 3: Slice each chicken breast in half crosswise and then add to a greased (cooking spray) 9x13" casserole dish.
STEP 4: Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken and then top a sprinkle of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread the remaining cheddar on top and the optional sliced cherry tomatoes.
STEP 5: Bake in a preheated oven at 400 for 30-35 minutes
STEP 5: Remove from oven and allow to set for about 10 minutes before topping with remaining bacon and green onions.
🍴 More low carb and diabetic friendly recipes
Some people like it spicy, lower in calories or even meatless.
- Spicy - add a little cayenne pepper to the cream cheese mixture for some added heat.
- Low Calories - reduce the amount of calories by only using half of the bacon and a reduced fat cream cheese and cheddar.
- Meatless - replace the chicken with thick slices of cauliflower steaks and make it a vegetarian dish (don't forget to omit the bacon)
See this Low Carb Vegetable Stir Fry recipe on my website!
I used a 9" x 13" porcelain casserole dish for this recipe similar to this one. However a glass or tin pan will also work, just be sure to grease it well with cooking spray.
If you have any leftovers store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Heat up in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 or microwave it on high for 1 minute, flip and add another 30 seconds.
👨🏻🍳 Top tip
Make it without having to deal with slicing raw chicken and pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it and use instead. Follow the same steps by replacing with the shredded chicken but only bake for 15-20 minutes since the chicken is already cooked.
⏲️ Tips and serving suggestions
- Setting out of the oven: Allow the casserole to sit for about 10 minutes out of the oven to allow it to set. It may seem watery when it comes out of the oven but it should dry up.
- Dishing it out: Remove from casserole and plate on a serving platter dish and then top with remaining bacon and green onions.
- Make ahead: You can make this dish ahead of time and keep warm in the oven, cover with tinfoil until you are ready to serve.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Each serving of chicken has 4g of carbs. If you omit the tomatoes it is only 3g of carbs per serving.
You can serve with a side of vegetables like green beans, broccoli or brussel sprouts.
Yes, I have not made it in the instant pot but a quick google search for "Keto Crack Chicken Instant Pot" identifies a few recipes you can follow. Here is one that I found that looks good.
If you made this recipe,please comment, rate or review my recipe below!
Keto Crack Chicken
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 chicken breasts sliced in half crosswise
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 oz dry ranch seasoning
- 3 green onions chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half (optional)
- Cooking Spray Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice and cook the bacon until crispy
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, ranch seasoning, half of the bacon and half of the shredded cheddar.
- Spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray and add the halved chicken breasts.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Top with the remaining cheddar and optional sliced tomatoes
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove from casserole and serve on a platter or individual dishes. Top with the remaining bacon and green onions.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines