These low carb Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings are full of zesty flavours and made with a quick sauce that doesn't require marinating. Quick and easy wings that can be made in the air fryer or oven. I used to go to restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings to get something as good but now I make my wings at home and they are way better, not to mention the price.
We first make these crispy wings with some seasonings in the air fryer or oven and then smother them with a delicious low carb cilantro lime aioli. Sugar free and great for that keto and diabetes friendly diet. If you only have chicken thighs my Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken might be an alternative recipe.
- Cilantro: this green leafy herb has a warm, spicy and nutty flavour that gives these wings a special tangy citrus flavour.
- Lime: adding that tart and acidity with a little sweetness to these wings.
- Paprika: made from bright, sweet red peppers, with a slight fruity a bitter taste.
- Baking Powder: dries out the skin and makes them extra crispy and crunchy.
🔪 Steps to make this recipe
STEP 1: Pat the chicken wings dry between paper towels, get them as dry as you can.
STEP 2: place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and baking powder
STEP 3: place in preheated air fryer at 400 F and air fry for 8-10 minutes, then flip and fry for another 2 minutes or until preferred crispiness. If baking in the oven place wings on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, then crank up the heat to 425 F for another 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes or until preferred crispiness.
STEP 4: make the cilantro lime aioli by blending the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic clove, cilantro, olive oil, lime zest and juice plus salt and pepper in a blender for 20 seconds, mix and blend for another 20 seconds
STEP 5: when wings are ready toss them with 1 cup of the cilantro lime aioli in a bowl (reserve the remaining sauce for dipping veggies or on top of a cauliflower rice).
STEP 6: Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Yes, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes then turn up the heat to 425 F and bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 5.
If you have a small air fryer you may need to cook the wings in batches. Depending on your air fryer, cooking times may vary.
You can but cooking time will need to be increased another 5 minutes or so.
The cilantro lime aioli sauce is great as a dip or with raw or roasted veggies, topped on to a cauliflower rice or would even go great as a salad dressing. How about trying it on a burger?
Yes, each wing has less than 1g net carbs. These wings are keto, low carb and diabetes friendly as the sauce contains no sugar.
🥘 More appetizer recipes?
Check out these low carb appetizers, perfect for a quick bite before the main dish.
🍽 More recipes you may like
Please comment, rate or review my recipe below!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- 10 medium chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 18 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (full fat)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F
- Pat chicken wings dry between two paper towels
- Place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and baking powder
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes, then flip and fry for another 2 minutes or until preferred crispiness. If baking in the oven place wings on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, then crank up the heat to 425 F for another 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes or until preferred crispiness. Toss in the cilantro lime sauce after air frying.
Cilantro Lime Aioli
- In a blender or food processor blend the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic clove, cilantro, olive oil, lime zest and juice plus salt and pepper in a blender for 20 seconds, mix and blend for another 20 seconds
- Toss the wings in a large bowl with 1 cup of the cilantro lime aioli (reserve any remaining sauce for dipping veggies or on top of a cauliflower rice).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
I did this recipe with yogurt and it was still really good. Awesome recipe for summer with fresh cilantro and lime.
Thank you ?
I loved the cilantro lime flavoring! These wings are such a great appetizer.
Oh my gosh, these were so good! The sauce was amazing! I will definitely be making these again! Thanks for the recipe!
I recently bought an air fryer and these are the first wings I've tried making with it. They were amazing! I love cilantro and these were just perfect.
Congrats on buying an air fryer. It's my favourite kitchen appliance.
These look amazing! I love all the flavors and that they are good for low carb diets. Thanks for sharing the step by step photos. Pinning for later.
I made these in the air fryer and they were delicious! I love the sauce!
If you love cilantro and lime like I do, these wings will be just what you are looking for. Amazing!