These Low Carb Air Fryer Pickles are extra dilly and made quick and easy in the air fryer, ready in 8 minutes. With minimal ingredients and super easy to prepare, perfect for those snack monster days and you need something comforting.
I used to get my favourite fried pickles from Buffalo Wild Wings, they have a strong dill flavour and are super crispy. Nowadays I make my own with a toasted pork rind crumb and some dill popcorn seasoning.
- breadcrumbs - You can use pork rind crumbs for this recipe but if that is not your thing, try toasting some low carb bread and then blitzing them in the blender with some oregano and garlic powder. I am working on a non pork rind breadcrumb recipe, coming soon.
- garlic powder - gives it that nutty pungent flavour that is a must for these chips
- taco seasoning - a little higher in carb count but taco seasoning definitely gives it that extra flavour that makes these dill pickle chips it's character
- dill pickle seasoning - I use dill pickle popcorn seasoning for this, it adds a nice dill kick in the pants which I love. If you don't have dill pickle seasoning you can always use dry dill weed or fresh dill. Otherwise, if you don't want the extra kick of flavour you can omit.
Step by step instructions
STEP 1: Slice pickles into coins and place between two paper towels and pat dry
STEP 2: Using a medium sized pan, dry toast the pork rind crumbs (this is optional, however, for extra crispiness, you will want to toast the crumbs)
STEP 3: Preheat air fryer to 400F
STEP 4: Combine the pork rind crumbs with the seasonings
STEP 5: Dredge each pickle into the pork rind crumb mixture and coat well. Set to the side on a plate lined with paper towel
STEP 6: Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and align the pickles onto the tray. Might have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
STEP 7: Lightly spray the pickles in the basket with cooking spray and air fry for 6 minutes at 400F, flip and then spray again and air fry for another 2 minutes. Do not over spray.
Recipe tips and serving suggestions
Extra crispy pickles - for a very crispier crust you can dredge the pickles in egg before coating with the pork rind crumbs. Since the pickles have moisture they will adhere to the crumbs without egg. However, adding egg will add an extra crunch once air fried.
Soggy pickles - these pickles are best served fresh from the air fryer. Due to the moisture in the pickles they can become soggy if they sit out too long. It is recommended to enjoy them once slightly cooled.
Oven fried pickles - can be made in the oven on a parchment lined baking sheet at 450F for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden.
Serving suggestions - ranch dressing is my go to dipping sauce for fried pickles. Other dips that go well with pickles are a creamy chipotle or a blue cheese dip. Serve them with this air fryer garlic bread grilled cheese.
Frequently asked questions
Each serving is about 4g net carbs, depending on the size of pickles use. A serving size would be 1 whole pickle.
All foods seem to affect people differently. Therefore, I cannot tell you if these will spike your blood sugars. However, the main ingredients of pickles and pork rinds have a low glycemic index so you should be ok. You should test your blood sugars before and after consuming to see how it affects you.
Yes, on a parchment lined baking sheet at 450F for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
More air fryer recipes
Low Carb Air Fryer Pickles
- Slice pickles into coins and place between two paper towels and pat dry
- Using a medium sized pan, dry toast the pork rind crumbs (this is optional but for extra crispiness, you will want to toast the crumbs)
- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Combine the pork rind crumbs with the seasonings
- Dredge each pickle into the pork rind crumb mixture and coat well. Set to the side on a plate lined with paper towel
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray and align the pickles onto the tray. Might have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spray the pickles in the basket with cooking spray and air fry for 6 minutes at 400F, flip and then spray again and air fry for another 2 minutes.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.