Keto Baby Back Ribs are made with a delicious sugar free dry rub and then slathered with a homemade sugar free barbecue sauce on the grill. The best keto ribs that are cooked slow and low and these fall off the bone ribs will not disappoint. Can be made on the grill or oven baked.
One of my favourite low carb recipes, these keto baby back ribs are mouthwatering and succulent and a perfect summer recipe to make on the grill or in the oven.
Inspired by my Keto Korean BBQ Short Ribs recipe, these perfectly cooked ribs are a meat lover's dream come true.
Main ingredients for the keto baby back ribs
Seasoned with a 6 spice dry rub with a little bit of sweetener and then slow cooked and slathered with a sugar free bbq sauce that will knock your socks off:
- Dry Rub: perfectly blend of spices like chili, cayenne, paprika and cumin.
- Sugar Free BBQ Sauce: a mix of sugar free ketchup, buffalo sauce, sriracha and soy sauce with a touch of sweetener make this sauce super delicious.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make keto baby back ribs?
STEP 1: Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs using a butter knife to get under the skin and then using a paper towel to grab onto the skin and pull it off. This is the best way to remove the membrane. Removing the membrane will allow the ribs to be more tender and you won't have to fight with it once cooked.
STEP 2: Combine the dry rub ingredients in a medium bowl and then sprinkle the mixture all over the ribs. Rub it in all the crevices with your hands.
STEP 3: Fire up the grill to get it nice and hot and then lower the temp to about 300°F.
STEP 4: Place the ribs on the grill rib side down and leave it for 2-3 hours. I left it for 2 hours but 3 hours would be even better.
STEP 5: Mix the ingredients for the sugar free bbq sauce in a medium bowl.
STEP 6: After 2-3 hours brush the ribs on both sides with the bbq sauce. Turn up the heat to high and grill for another ½ hour to allow the ribs to get nicely browned and glazy. Apply more bbq sauce as needed.
How to cook keto baby back ribs in the oven?
Follow the same methods above to make the dry rub and then bbq sauce. After rubbing the ribs with the dry rub, wrap tightly in tinfoil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 275°F for 3-4 hours.
Remove from the oven, remove the tinfoil and brush both sides with the sugar free barbecue sauce and then place back onto the baking sheet and broil for 10-15 minutes until browned. Serve and enjoy.
Other summer recipes you might enjoy
- Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Delight
- Steak Kabobs - Low Carb
- Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- Sugar Free Banana Popsicles
Pro Tip: once the ribs are cooked on the grill, wrap them loosely in tinfoil and set aside for 10-15 minutes. This allows the ribs to rest and the ribs become more juicy and tender.
Tips: if you have any leftover dry rub, save it for future recipes, use it on chicken for a flavourful bbq chicken.
Sauce: if you have any remaining sauce, use it to dip the ribs into.
Storage and what to do with leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, wrap the ribs in tinfoil and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Warm up on the grill or in the oven for 10 minutes at $300°F.
Use the leftover ribs by tearing the meat off the bone and using them for pulled pork quesadillas or enjoy them in an egg scramble.
Frequently asked questions
No, you can use this recipe with any style of ribs, pork or beef.
Since this recipe does not contain any sugar and contains roughly 2g of carbs per serving, I would say they are diabetic-friendly. Please monitor your blood sugars to see how they affect you personally.
This Fauxtato Salad makes a great side to go with these ribs. You can also serve with roasted vegetables like zucchini or eggplant or a creamy coleslaw.
Keto Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Sprinkle the dry rub mixture all over the ribs and rub it in with your hands (don't be afraid to get in there and rub into every nook and cranny)
- Fire up the BBQ on high for about 10 minutes on high heat and then lower to about 300°F.
- Place ribs over on the grill and close the BBQ lid, leave it alone for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, brush the sauce onto the ribs and let cook for another ½ hour to get the sauce nice and glazy brown.
- Remove from BBQ and enjoy.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines