Discover a delightful treat with these No Bake Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls. Packed with protein and bursting with strawberry flavor, they make for a nutritious and satisfying sugar free, diabetic friendly snack. Try them today!
These Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls are not only perfect for a Valentine's Day treat with their romantic pink color and luscious strawberry flavor but also ideal for any time of the year when you're craving a wholesome and satisfying snack.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Healthy and Energizing: Packed with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil, and protein powder, these Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls are a guilt-free snack that provides a burst of energy whenever you need it.
- Deliciously Nutritious: With the natural sweetness of strawberries, these bliss balls are a delightful treat that satisfies your sweet tooth without any added sugar. You might also enjoy this Keto Strawberry Mousse or this Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad recipe.
- Convenient and Easy: Using just a blender and a few simple steps, you can whip up a batch of these bliss balls in minutes, making them perfect for a quick snack or on-the-go energy boost.
- Versatile Treats for Every Craving: Whether you're yearning for a quick post-workout snack or a satisfying Valentine's Day dessert, these Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls are the perfect solution. Their compact size and nutrient-packed ingredients make them a versatile choice for any craving, any time of day.
- Gluten-Free and Protein-Packed: Ideal for those with dietary restrictions, these bliss balls are gluten-free and rich in protein, thanks to the low-carb protein powder, making them a satisfying and wholesome snack option for any time of day.
These Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls are not only delicious and nutritious but also incredibly easy to make, ensuring that you can enjoy a tasty and healthy treat whenever the craving strikes.
Key ingredients and why it works?
- Almond Flour: Gluten-free base packed with healthy fats and protein, providing a nutritious foundation.
- Low Carb Protein Powder: Boosts protein content, ensuring a satisfying snack for post-workout recovery or anytime energy.
- Coconut Oil: Acts as a binding agent, contributing to a creamy texture and providing sustained energy.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances flavor profile with warm and aromatic notes, complementing other ingredients.
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Pudding Mix: Adds fruity flavor without extra sugars, enhancing color and taste.
- Strawberries: Natural sweetness and vibrant color, packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- 35% Cream: Creamy dip for indulgent finish, complementing fruity flavors with richness.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make strawberry protein bliss balls?
Before starting, ensure you wash, trim, and quarter the strawberries, and measure out all your ingredients for easy access during the preparation process.
STEP 1: Combine Ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the strawberries and 35% cream. Use a rubber spatula to initially combine.
STEP 2: Prepare Strawberry Puree and Incorporate: Using a blender or food processor, blend 8 of the strawberries on high for 30 seconds until smooth. Pour the strawberry puree into the bowl with the other ingredients.
STEP 3: Mix Thoroughly: Mix everything together using a rubber spatula until well combined.
STEP 4: Form Bliss Balls: Once the mixture is well combined, use an ice cream scoop to portion out the mixture and roll it between your hands to form balls. Place the balls on a plate lined with parchment or waxed paper.
STEP 5: Chill and Prepare Dip: Transfer the plate of bliss balls to the refrigerator and let them chill for at least 2 hours. In the blender, combine the remaining 8 strawberries with the sugar free strawberry pudding mix and 35% cream or coconut cream to keep it dairy-free. Blend for about 30 seconds until creamy. Pour the mixture into a side bowl for dipping.
After chilling for 2 hours, serve the bliss balls and enjoy dipping them in the strawberry cream dip.
Ensure the mixture is thoroughly combined to achieve the perfect texture for rolling the bliss balls.
If you love a bliss ball recipe why not try these out?
- Chocolate Covered Bliss Balls: Replace the sugar-free strawberry pudding mix with unsweetened cocoa powder. Roll the bliss balls in the cocoa powder before chilling for a chocolatey twist.
- Berry Blast Bliss Balls: Instead of using strawberries, swap them with raspberries or blueberries for a different fruity flavor. Mix the berries with the other ingredients and proceed with the recipe as usual.
- Coconut Cream Bliss Balls: Incorporate shredded coconut into the mixture along with the other ingredients. Roll the bliss balls in additional shredded coconut before chilling for a coconutty taste and texture.
- Vanilla Bean Bliss Balls: Add a tablespoon of vanilla bean paste or the seeds scraped from one vanilla bean pod to the mixture for a rich vanilla flavor. Omit the sugar-free strawberry pudding mix or use a vanilla-flavored one.
- Mocha Protein Bliss Balls: Mix in a tablespoon of instant espresso powder with the protein powder and other ingredients for a coffee-infused flavor. Roll the bliss balls in a mixture of cocoa powder and powdered low-calorie sweetener before chilling.
Storage - How to Store Your Protein Packed Treats
After preparing the energy balls, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for up to one week.
If you prefer a firmer texture, you can also store them in the freezer for up to three months.
When ready to enjoy, simply thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for a few hours.
Frequently asked questions
Bliss balls can be a suitable snack option for individuals with diabetes, especially when made with low-carb ingredients and sugar-free sweeteners. However, it's essential to monitor portion sizes and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized dietary advice.
Yes, you can substitute coconut oil with other healthy fats such as almond butter, cashew butter, or melted cocoa butter. Each alternative will impart a slightly different flavor profile to the bliss balls, so feel free to experiment and find the option that suits your taste preferences best.
For optimal results in this recipe, consider using whey protein isolate powder. It provides a high-quality source of protein and mixes well with the other ingredients, ensuring a smooth texture for your bliss balls.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #ihackeddiabetes on social! We love seeing what you are making.
Strawberry Protein Bliss Balls
Strawberry Cream Dip
- ¼ cup 35% cream heavy cream, double cream
- 8 strawberries washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoon simply delish sugar free strawberry pudding mix 10% OFF - Use code IHACKEDDIABETES at checkout!
- Combine the almond flour, low carb protein powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sugar-free strawberry pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Blend 8 strawberries in a blender until smooth. Pour the strawberry puree into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands or an ice cream scoop to form the mixture into balls. Place the balls on a plate lined with parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to firm up.
Strawberry Cream Dip
- In a blender, combine the remaining 8 strawberries, sugar free strawberry pudding mix and 35% cream. Blend until smooth to create a strawberry cream dip for serving alongside the bliss balls. Enjoy!
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, tips and variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.