Ideal for indulging in a delightful pumpkin spice latte, this 5-ingredient recipe brings you the best Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe.
A cherished zero-carb, keto-friendly holiday treat, boasting the rich, comforting essence of autumn's beloved pumpkin spice medley—complete with hints of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
Elevate your lattes, cappuccinos, or even grace your low-carb desserts with a tantalizing drizzle. Discover the perfect way to savor the warm, beloved flavors of the fall season.
If you love adding pumpkin flavor to your warm beverages you will also love this Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer recipe.
Why you'll love this sugar free pumpkin spice syrup?
- Healthier Treat: Enjoy the taste of fall without too much sugar. This recipe is low-carb, gluten free and sugar-free, so it's a guilt-free option.
- Classic Pumpkin Flavor: Get that cozy pumpkin pie spice taste you know. The mix of pumpkin puree and a bit of brown sugar brings out the flavors you love in the fall.
- Use It Many Ways: This syrup is versatile! Turn your morning coffee into a pumpkin spice latte or drizzle it over ice cream and desserts for a homemade pumpkin kick.
- Easy Recipe: Making this homemade pumpkin spice syrup is a breeze with the included recipe card. Adding some vanilla extract makes it even more delicious.
- Café Vibes at Home: Make your own delicious pumpkin spice creations, like the Starbucks pumpkin spice syrup. This syrup lets you enjoy pumpkin spice latte goodness without leaving your kitchen.
So, get ready to explore sugar-free syrups and enjoy the pumpkin spice flavor hassle-free.
Only 5 minutes and 5 ingredients is all it takes to make this delicious sugar free pumpkin spice coffee syrup.
- Pumpkin Puree: Pumpkin puree is the heart of the pumpkin spice flavor. It's what gives the syrup its signature taste, reminiscent of classic pumpkin pie and the warmth of the fall season.
- Brown Sugar Sweetener (Sugar Free): A touch of brown sugar adds sweetness and depth to the syrup. It enhances the pumpkin flavor and complements the spices, creating that familiar cozy taste we associate with pumpkin spice.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This blend of spices, typically including nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, is the essence of pumpkin spice. It brings out the iconic autumn flavors we love and gives the syrup its characteristic warmth.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds a layer of richness and complexity to the syrup. It enhances the overall flavor profile, making the syrup more well-rounded and satisfying.
- Water: Water is the base of the syrup and helps to create the desired consistency. It ensures that the syrup is easy to pour and mix into various beverages and dishes.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
You will have those pumpkin spice lattes flowing within minutes once you make this syrup along with my Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer.
STEP 1: Place a medium-sized saucepan on the stovetop on medium heat. Add the water and then the brown sugar swerve, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
STEP 2: Stir until all ingredients are well dissolved.
STEP 3: Allow to simmer on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until the liquid reduces a little and becomes thicker.
STEP 4: Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once the syrup has cooled, pour it into an enclosed glass jar or bottle. Serve with your favorite warm beverage or drizzle over a low carb dessert like this Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream. Shake the bottle before using.
Recipe Tip #1
Gradual Sweetening: Incorporate your brown sweetener slowly while stirring to achieve the desired level of sweetness. This method empowers you to control the flavor, preventing excessive sweetness.
Taste along the way and make adjustments as needed to strike a perfect balance between the natural pumpkin flavors and the added sweetness, creating a delightful, sugar-free experience.
Recipe Tip #2
Simmer for Full Flavor: Allow your mixture to gently simmer over low heat. This helps the ingredients meld together, intensifying the pumpkin spice essence.
Simmering also gives you the opportunity to adjust the consistency to your liking. This patient approach ensures your syrup captures the full spectrum of flavors, resulting in a rich and satisfying homemade delight.
By following these tips, you'll craft a Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Sauce that truly encapsulates the warmth, comfort, and autumnal goodness you're aiming for, making it the perfect addition to your culinary creations.
Variations on how to use this sugar free pumpkin spice syrup
- Wholesome Coffee Enhancer: Elevate your morning coffee by blending in the syrup for a delightful Pumpkin Spice Coffee. Add a splash of unsweetened almond milk for an extra creamy touch.
- Keto-Friendly Parfait Topper: Layer unsweetened Greek yogurt, a drizzle of syrup, and a handful of chopped nuts for a scrumptious and low-carb Pumpkin Spice Yogurt Parfait.
- Low-Carb Pancake Syrup: Mix the syrup with a touch of water to thin it out slightly and drizzle it over your stack of keto pancakes or waffles for a guilt-free, sugar-free breakfast delight.
- Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding: Create a chia pudding by mixing chia seeds with almond milk. Stir in a tablespoon of the pumpkin spice syrup recipe and refrigerate overnight. Top with chopped nuts and a drizzle of syrup for a delectable Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding.
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt Parfait: Layer unsweetened Greek yogurt with the pumpkin spice syrup in a glass. Add a sprinkle of chopped pecans or walnuts and a few berries for a delightful Pumpkin Spice Yogurt Parfait.
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie: Blend unsweetened almond milk, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of syrup, and a handful of spinach or kale. Add a dash of cinnamon and ice cubes. Enjoy a nutritious Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie that's both satisfying and energizing.
These ideas offer you a variety of ways to incorporate the sugar-free and low-carb Pumpkin Spice Syrup into your meals and beverages, allowing you to savor the deliciousness without compromising your dietary preferences.
Frequently asked questions
The ideal amount of this Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup to add to your beverage is about 1 to 2 tablespoons, depending on your taste preferences. Start with a smaller amount and gradually adjust to find the perfect level of pumpkin spice flavor that suits your liking.
Yes, this Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup is generally considered safe for diabetics. Since it's made without added sugar and is low in carbs, it can be a suitable option for individuals managing their blood sugar levels.
However, it's always a good practice for diabetics to monitor their blood sugar responses after trying new foods or recipes, as individual responses can vary. Consulting with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian is also advisable to ensure that the syrup fits well within an individual's dietary plan.
"Pumpkin spice" is a mix of warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. It's used to enhance the flavor of pumpkin-based dishes, giving them a cozy, autumnal taste.
Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe
- Place a medium saucepan on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients to the saucepan and stir until everything has dissolved and well combined.1.5 cups water, ¼ cup brown sweetener, ¼ cup pumpkin puree, ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Allow to simmer over low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until the liquid has slightly thickened.
- Allow to cool and then store in an enclosed jar or bottle.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, we may receive a commission in return. I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.