Enjoy a low-carb breakfast with this Oroweat Keto Bread French Toast Waffle recipe! A perfect balance of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these waffles are made with protein-packed keto bread, cinnamon, and vanilla for a delicious start to your day.
Top with fresh berries and sugar-free syrup for a guilt-free morning indulgence.
Why you'll love keto Oroweat bread waffles?
- Delicious taste: Keto Oroweat bread French toast waffles are a delicious breakfast or dessert option that's perfect for those following a low-carb or keto diet. The waffles are made with high-quality ingredients and taste just like regular French toast, so you won't have to sacrifice flavor for a low carb or keto lifestyle.
- Easy to make: These waffles are easy to prepare and can be made in just a few minutes. All you need is a waffle maker and some basic ingredients like eggs, almond milk, and keto-friendly bread found in most grocery stores.
- Low-carb: If you're following a low-carb or keto diet, these waffles are an excellent choice as they are made with keto-friendly ingredients like almond flour and Oroweat bread, which is low in carbs and high in fiber. Only 6 net carbs for 2 slices of bread.
- High in protein: These waffles are also high in protein, thanks to the eggs used in the recipe. Protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass and keeping you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day.
- Versatile: Keto Oroweat bread French toast waffles are versatile and can be topped with a variety of toppings to suit your tastes. Whether you prefer sweet toppings like fresh berries and whipped cream, or savory toppings like bacon and eggs, these waffles can be customized to suit your preferences.
Oroweat keto bread french toast waffles are made with just a few simple ingredients.
- Low Carb Bread: any low carb sliced bread will work for this recipe but we have been loving Oroweat keto bread lately.
- Eggs: we dip the sliced keto bread into the egg mixture before we place them on the waffle iron.
- Vanilla Extract: giving that subtle vanilla flavor while enhancing all the other tastes in these french toast waffles.
- Cinnamon: gives that warm, slightly sweet and pungent flavor
- Sweetener: we used granular erythritol for this recipe, feel free to use your favorite or preferred sweetener of choice.
- Almond Milk: we used unsweetened almond milk to keep the sugar and carbs low.
- Butter: used to grease the waffle iron
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make the keto french toast waffles?
STEP 1: Turn on your waffle iron and get it nice and hot. If you are using a Dash Mini Waffle Iron plug it in and the light will turn blue when it's ready.
STEP 2: In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla, almond milk, cinnamon and sweetener. Then butter both sides of the waffle iron or spray it with cooking spray.
STEP 3: Dip each slice of bread (one at a time) into the egg mixture flipping over so you get both sides.
- STEP 4: Place the dipped Oroweat keto bread into the waffle iron and close the lid. Allow it to cook for about 3 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy on the outside.
STEP 5: Remove from the waffle iron and allow to slightly cool. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sweetener, sugar free maple syrup and top with berries. You can also cut them into strips and dip them into the low carb maple syrup.
Other breakfast recipes you might enjoy
Soak the bread: To ensure that the bread is fully coated with the egg mixture, it's important to soak it for a few seconds on each side before placing it in the waffle iron. This will help to create a deliciously crispy exterior and a fluffy interior.
- Serving: add toppings such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup, or honey for extra sweetness. Don't be afraid to get creative and try out different combinations to find your perfect flavor.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The ingredients you can add and swap to french toast waffles are endless, here are just a few ideas.
- Blueberry French Toast Waffles: Adding blueberries to your French toast waffles can give them a fruity twist. You can add fresh blueberries to the egg mixture, or you can make a blueberry compote to serve on top.
- Savory French Toast Waffles: French toast waffles don't have to be sweet! You can make a savory version by adding savory ingredients like cheese, bacon, and herbs to the egg mixture.
- Citrus - skip the cinnamon and add lemon zest to the egg mixture.
- Chicken N' Waffles: why not enjoy it with some crispy chicken
See this Cheesy Hashbrown Waffle recipe.
Equipment used to make Oroweat keto bread waffles
The Dash Mini Waffle Maker is a small and compact appliance that allows you to make delicious waffles quickly and easily. It features a non-stick surface, heats up quickly, and is perfect for making individual servings, making it a great addition to any kitchen. I love using the Dash Mini Waffle Maker because it is affordable, easy to use, and allows for endless creative variations in breakfast waffles.
I Hacked Diabetes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, there are many low carb bread alternatives that you can use to make French toast waffles, such as almond flour, coconut flour, or flaxseed meal. You can also use protein powder or chia seeds as a base for your waffles. Experiment with different recipes to find a low carb option that works best for you.
There are many low carb and keto-friendly toppings that you can use for French toast waffles, such as sugar-free syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream made with heavy cream and a low carb sweetener, or nut butter.
This bread is made without sugar. It is made with ingredients like soluble corn fiber, wheat protein isolate, chicory root fiber and modified wheat starch so you may want to have a full look at the list of ingredients to see if everything agrees with you.
Oroweat Keto Bread French Toast Waffles
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker or similar waffle iron
- 2 slices low carb or keto bread
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sweetener or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- swerve with sugar free maple syrup and a spirnkle of powdered sweetener
- Turn on the waffle iron and get it to the right temperature according to your waffle iron. Once hot, brush with melted butter or spray with cooking spray.1 tablespoon melted butter
- Whisk together the egg, cinnamon, sweetener, vanilla and almond milk.1 large egg, ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon sweetener
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, soaking on both sides, then transfer one slice at a time to the waffle iron.2 slices low carb or keto bread
- Close the waffle iron and let it cook for about 3 minutes or until the edges are golden and slighyt crispy. Remove and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sweetener, sugar free maple syrup and berries.swerve with sugar free maple syrup and a spirnkle of powdered sweetener
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Leave a Reply