I just love this Low Carb White Sangria because it is light and refreshing and full of all my favourite berries. Enjoy this low carb and sugar free cocktail on a hot summer's day by the pool or sip with your friends on the patio. Why not add in my unicorn cocktails to the party as well?
Made low carb and diabetic friendly with a low sugar white wine and a berry flavoured sparkling water. The only thing you need to worry about is getting too tipsy with this tasty low carb white sangria. Please enjoy your hot girl summer but drink responsibly.
🥘 Ingredient notes
Ingredients used were chosen to keep this white sangria low carb without losing out on all the flavours. Fresh berries, white wine and rum make this refreshing drink a summer favourite.
- White Wine: there are plenty of low carb white wines found in the liquor stores. Dry white wines like a Sauvignon Blanc are typically low in sugar. They are light and have a fruity taste.
- Berries: fresh berries scream summer to me and what better way to pair with a white sangria than thest fruits - strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Berry Sparkling Water: the grocery stores are packed with sugar free fruity sparkling waters. You can usually find a berry, black cherry or cherry sparkling water. Any berry flavoured sparkling water will go well with this sangria to give it that fizz.
- White Rum: light bodied and has a sweet taste. Perfect for this low carb white sangria. Plus it doesn't add any color as I wanted to keep it as white as possible.
👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
How to make the Low Carb White Sangria
Combine all ingredients in a large glass pitcher with ice. Serve immediately or let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the fruit to flavour the liquids and give it that sweet berry taste.
⏲️ Tips and serving suggestions
- Set in the fridge: By keeping it in the fridge for 1-3 hours allows the fruit to infuse the liquids and give more flavour to the sangria
- Serving: a white sangria would go well with some medium hard cheeses, low carb pizzas and grilled vegetables
- Storage: if not consuming in one day, it is best to make a smaller amount rather than letting it sit in the fridge overnight. The fruit acidity tends to ruin the sangria if it sits overnight in the fridge.
- Berries: use any berries you prefer or add any other low carb fruit that fit into your lifestyle
🍴 More diabetic friendly beverage recipes
💭 Frequently asked questions
I used a Portuguese Vinho Verde wine which has a light fizz and makes it extremely refreshing. Most fruity low sugar wines will go well with sangria. Best bets are dryer more acidic wines like a Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay or pinot grigio. See this article for more low sugar wine ideas.
There are 4g of total carbs per serving which includes eating the berries. If you only drink the liquids from the sangria it's about 1g of carbs per serving. Therefore this sangria is considered low carb and great option for people on ketogenic diets.
Alcohol is ok in moderation for most diabetics. However, if you drink too much alcohol can make it difficult to monitor your blood sugars. If you are also trying to lose weight, alcohol may stall your progress. Please drink responsibly or make this sangria without the alcohol and use an alcohol free sparkling wine.
There are roughly 108 calories per serving in this sangria.
Low Carb White Sangria
- 1.5 cups mixed berries (slice the strawberries - optional)
- 1 lime in slices
- 1 cup sparkling water any berry flavour
- ⅔ cup white rum
- 1 bottle low sugar white wine (750 ml)
- 2 cups ice
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass pitcher.
- Enjoy immediately or allow fruit to infuse the sangria and let sit in the fridge for 1-3 hours
- For more berry infusion, allow to sit in the fridge for 1-3 hours
- Use any berries you prefer.
- If the sangria sits in the fridge overnight, the acidity from the fruit may affect the taste and fizziness.
- You can leave out the ice if you prefer not to water down the sangria too much
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
I love this take on Sangria, I will share this recipe with my friends to enjoy.
What a great idea for summer! This looks fantastic!
I love this! I am always looking for lower carb and lower calorie drink ideas. I hate drinking my calories so I often avoid mixed drinks, however this would fit my dietary needs perfectly! Thank you for sharing!
Right on. I love that it is sugar free and can drink without feeling guilty.
Woot! No one would think this keto-friendly, but everyone will e njoy this sangria for sure
Love the fresh berries and all the flavors in this sangria recipe. It's easy to make and the perfect summer beverage!
It is the perfect summer beverage.
Love this fantastic low carb option. Sangria is so wonderful to enjoy over Summer, and this drink will be on repeat in our household. So great to be able to make a non-alcoholic version if necessary too.
Sangria is my go to drink all summer long! So glad to have found a low carb version!
What a treat for a keto-friendly diet. This is perfect for summer!
Perfect refreshing drink for those hot summer days but still keep it low in sugar.