Silky and sexy Sugar Free Keto Pudding made with whipped cream, crushed hazelnuts, cocoa and topped with coconut flakes. Simple to make, super delicious and oh so fun to make.
When you want a creamy dessert with hazelnut and sugar free chocolate flavours, this keto pudding will be your heavenly low carb dreams come true.
When you can't decide if you want chocolate or vanilla this combo will totally hit the spot. Another close second favourite will be this Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait recipe.
This is one of those low carb recipes that you keep on hand for when you have a dessert craving and want something you can make in a pinch. The combo of chocolate and sugar free vanilla made with heavy whipping cream and cream cheese gives you all the dessert feels.
The coconut flake topping combined with crushed hazelnuts adds a crunchy texture that is out of this world. It's no wonder why everyone calls this diabetic friendly recipe Sexy Keto Pudding.
These ingredients are usually staples in my home which is why it's a quick and easy dessert.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: whipped heavy cream is used to layer the delicious chocolate filling.
- Cream cheese: the base for the chocolate filling giving you that extra thick creamy texture.
- Cocoa Powder: adding the chocolate flavours with a sugar free cocoa powder.
- Erythritol: this is my favourite sweetener as I find it is the closest sweetener to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars.
- Crushed Hazelnuts: giving the flavours of that spreadable chocolate we all love so much.
- Toasted Coconut Flakes: top this creamy dessert with toasted coconut flakes for additional texture and flavours.
- Vanilla Extract: bringing out all the notes of the chocolate while adding a touch of vanilla flavour.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Steps by step instructions
How to make this Sugar Free Keto Pudding?
STEP 1: In a medium stainless steel bowl mix together the whipping cream, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of powdered erythritol with an electric mixer on high. Whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
STEP 2: In another medium stainless steel bowl mix the cream cheese, cocoa powder, powdered erythritol and hazelnut extract on high. Mix until creamed together and everything is well combined.
STEP 3: Fill the bottom of two tumbler glasses with a layer of crushed hazelnuts. I bought whole hazelnuts and blitzed them in the blender until they were coarsely chopped the size of pebbles.
Then add a layer of the chocolate cream cheese hallway and then a layer of the whipped cream and top with toasted coconut flakes. Chill in the fridge for about an hour and enjoy.
Other dessert recipes you might enjoy
- Bulletproof Coffee Ice Cream
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Keto Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Low Carb Toasted Coconut Chocolate Donuts
- Low Carb Cheesecake Blueberry Delight
Top Tip: use powdered erythritol to avoid the granular texture you will get from regular erythritol. If you don't have powdered, simply blend erythritol in the blender to make it powdered.
Sweeteners: Swap out the erythritol for your favourite sweeteners like monk fruit, allulose or even sugar free flavoured coffee syrups can be used.
- Set in the fridge: Chill the sugar free chocolate keto pudding in the fridge before serving.
- Serving: serve with some low carb berries on the side or a low carb double chocolate cookie.
- Storage: Store in the glass and cover with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This delicious sugar free pudding can be made with a few variations, here are just a few ideas.
- Nuts - use other nuts like crushed almonds, walnuts or cashews instead of hazelnuts. Have a nut allergy? Leave the nuts altogether and use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Caramel - swap out the toasted coconut flakes and use this Caramel Drizzle recipe to top this delicious low carb pudding.
- Chocolate Chips - another delicious substitute for coconut flakes are sugar-free chocolate chips or low-carb chocolate chip cookies.
Frequently asked questions
Only if you buy the sugar free jello chocolate pudding although the ingredients are not the best.
Cool Whip does have a little bit of sugar but can be considered keto friendly. You may also find a Sugar Free Cool Whip in the grocery store.
Since there is no added sugar in the recipe, it may be safe for diabetics. A serving contains 4g net carbs. Monitor your blood sugars to see how it affects you personally.
Sexy Sugar Free Keto Pudding | Coconut Cloud
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon powdered sweetener divided
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon hazelnut extract
- ¼ teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup ground or crushed hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
- Using a mixer whip the heavy cream with the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of erythritol until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a mixer mix together the cream cheese, cocoa powder, erythritol and hazelnut extract until creamy and smooth.
- Assemble into two tumbler glasses starting with the crushed hazlenuts, the cream mixture and then the chocolate mixture. Top with the toasted coconut flakes.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour and then serve.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more food guidelines
Just look at the ingredients, how can this not be a 5 star recipe?
I can't wait o try this!
Question: is there a difference between cocoa and cacao powder? Your ingredients say one and your directions say another. Just wondering. .thank you
Oh yes there is a difference. Thanks for letting me know, it was a typo in the instructions and I have made the edit to indicate cacao instead of cocoa. Cacao powder is known to have a higher antioxidant content than cocoa, and has been linked to a variety of benefits.
This looks and sounds absolutely wonderful. However, my numbers came out quite a bit different from yours. My calories were just under 600 and my carbs were net 14. I logged everything very carefully into My Fitness Pal and double-checked. I wish I knew how you got yours so low. Nevertheless, I plan to make this tonight.
Hi Stacey. I used the nutrition calculator at verywellfit.com but just tried a different nutrition calculator and noticed a difference as well. Iâ€™m going to spend some time on it this weekend and edit if needed. Thanks for letting me know.
My pleasure. Even with the current calories and carbs which I'm getting, it sounds totally worth it for a delicious dessert. I only indulge once a week and this is straight up my alley. Thanks for sharing.