Making this Extra Creamy Low Carb No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake was not only easy to make but I was drooling while I was making it because I couldn't wait to dig into it. I am a huge lover of peanut butter, like it's kind of dangerous for me because I can easily eat half a jar if I don't contain myself.
Peanut butter is an easy go to snack, usually with a spoonful straight out of the jar. I know, it's a bad habit to take on but now that I only keep all natural creamy peanut butter in the house, it's a little better than the other stuff with all those hydrogenated oils.
Where does Cheesecake come from?
As far as I can tell through my research it originate in ancient Greece. It may have been made a little different and sometimes made with cottage cheese and the crust could have been made with crushed cookies but it was something that resembled cheesecake. Nowadays many people go to The Cheesecake Factory for their cheesecake.
How to make Peanut Butter Cheesecake no bake?
It's a fairly simple process, you can either make it with or without a crust. I chose to make it with a crust which consists of almond flour, cacao powder, butter and erythritol Then you just mix the filling together and scoop it onto the crust and let it refrigerate for a few hours.
Why do a no bake cheesecake?
To be honest, I was always against no bake cheesecake. I used to make cheesecakes for family gatherings and events and it always had to be a baked cheesecake. I felt like the no bake was a cheat and was dead set against it until I tried a no bake cheesecake at a friends home and I would never know it was a no bake.
So, I set out to make the best no bake cheesecake there was but I had to use my favourite creamy peanut butter.
Can I freeze a no bake cheesecake?
You can after you refrigerate it for a few hours, wrap the entire pan in plastic wrap and then tinfoil and freeze. It could last up to 2 months in the freezer. If you want to do individual portions you can wrap each portion with plastic wrap and tinfoil.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Instructional Video
Instructional Steps for the Creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Cheesecake No Bake
- In a medium bowl add the ingredients for the crust and mix with a fork until well combined
- Pour contents from the bowl into a 9" pie pan and press down to form the crust. I used my thumb around the edges to shape the sides. Set aside
- mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. About 1 minute, scrape down side in between.
- if adding the peanuts and chocolate chips you can add them next with 1 cup of heavy cream and mix again. If not using the peanuts and chocolate chips just add the heavy cream and mix.
- add filling to the crust, smooth out with a cake spatula and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Have a look at my dessert recipes for more sweet ideas.