- Chicken skins: I was able to ask my chef friend to get me some chicken skins from the butcher. They actually gave her the skins for free. So I thought this was a perfect idea to make Keto Chicken Skin Egg Rolls
- Egg Roll in a Bowl: this recipe can be found all over the internet and is a keto staple recipe. My favourite is from Keto Connect (recipe is linked in the recipe card below).
Recipe tips and serving suggestions
- Crispy chicken skins: you can also fry up the chicken skin on their own like pork rinds or bake them on a cookie sheet and make crispy chicken skin chips.
- Serve with: I enjoy serving these with egg roll in the bowl on the side with some soy sauce and a hot sauce. You may also want to try them with my Hoisin Beef Bowl and my Hoisin Sauce recipe.
- Most people in the keto low carb world are familiar with the Crack Slaw or Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe. My favourite is from Keto Connect found here.
Frequently asked questions
You can use any other types of skin such as turkey as long as the skin is thin. If it's too thick it would make it difficult to roll and evenly fry.
Spring rolls are fried in a thin wrapper where egg rolls are fried with a thicker wrapper. These chicken skin egg rolls resemble more of a thick wrapper.
You can fill them with some pepperoni, cheese and sauce to make a pizza roll. How about a jalapeno popper stuffed chicken skin? I've even made them using the filling for a pierogi.
Chicken Skin Egg Rolls
- Layout chicken skins and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then place one tablespoon of egg roll in a bowl onto each skin
- Wrap the skin around the egg roll mixture, you may need to secure with a toothpick
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan on medium high heat
- Fry the keto chicken skin egg rolls in the frying pan until crispy and golden all over.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Do you have any other creative ways to make egg rolls that are low in carbs? I would love to hear your cooking hacks.
Have you seen my latest Keto Tiramisu recipe?
Check me out on instagram at @ihackeddiabetes