Cacao, nut butter and nuts make up these delicious low carb balls that are my favourite go to snack whenever I need a little pick me up or a special treat.
Cacao Nut Balls are very simple to make and is a quick recipe that you can whip together in about 15 minutes.
Although these Cacao Nut Balls are coated with hazelnuts and toasted coconut, you can always swap it up with your favourite nuts like ground walnut, pecan or even pistachios would be a nice treat.
I have a love of hazelnut, probably for my love of nutella that I don't enjoy any longer 🙁
When to Make These Cacao Nut Balls...
These balls only need a handful of ingredients and only 15 minutes of your time. These are great for a before workout power snack or they go great with my morning coffee for a little pick me up when I didnt get enough sleep.
They are so good you just might end up eating them all in one sitting, so be careful to limit yourself to make them last.
Cacao Nut Balls - Low Carb
- 1 oz Hazelnuts Use This! ground
- 1 oz Toasted Coconut Flakes Use This!
- 3 tablespoon Pili Nut Butter or use any of your favourite nut butters
- 2 oz of Chocolate Ganache - See how I made it using Coco Polo Chocolates >>> Here
- 1 tablespoon of Philosophie Cacao Magic
- ½ tablespoon of Cacao Powder Use This! Use 1.5 tablespoon if you don't have cacao magic
- ½ cup Almond Flour Use This!
- 1 tablespoon of Heavy Cream
- 15 drops of Stevia I Use This!
In Canada I order Pili Nut Butter, Philosophie Cacao Magic and Cocopolo Chocoate from Switch Grocery
- Combine the crushed hazelnuts and toasted coconuts in a small bowl
- In a medium bowl add all other ingredients and mix well with a fork
- Using a tablespoon scoop out mixture and form into 1 inch balls
- Roll into the hazelnut/coconut mixture and coat well
Net Carbs 2.8g
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
If you are looking for a more savoury snack, check out these Low Carb Ricotta Bites!
What are your favourite go to snacks to make in a pinch? In Canada I shop at SwitchGrocery for my keto and low carb products. So many options like Keto Chow, Gooddees baking mixes, Burlap and Barrel spices and so much more.
If you love your nut butters, these will hit the spot.