This Sugar Free Low Carb Mojito is a refreshing minty cocktail with white rum and made with a low carb simple syrup and fresh lime juice.
With only 2g total carbs per mojito you will be enjoying these skinny mojitos any time you are ready to have a cool low carb beverage. Enjoy on a hot summer's day or invite your friends over for a dance party. Either way you enjoy these cocktails, they will fit into a low carb, keto and diabetic lifestyle.
I was inspired to make this sugar free low carb mojito while I was making my low carb margaritas as it was also made with my simple syrup recipe.
Both cocktails are great for sipping and are very different in many ways yet they both give me that feel good vibe whenever I make them.
You might also want to check out this delicious Easy Black Mojito recipe made with spiced rum and sugar free cola.
🥘 Ingredient notes
The fresh mint and lime juice it what gives this cocktail most of it's flavour and the sweetness of the simple syrup ties it all together.
- Fresh mint: that subtly sweet taste and cool sensation from the mint makes this cocktail extra refreshing on those hot summer days
- Lime Juice: giving this cocktail a little bit of sweetness with a side of tart and bitterness
- Simple Syrup: my easy simple syrup recipe is made with erythritol, water, xanthan gum and liquid stevia. A simple way to keep a jar on hand for any cocktail or dessert.
- White Rum: brings a light and little sweet flavour to this popular minty cocktail
👨🏻🍳 Steps by step instructions
How to make the Sugar Free Low Carb Mojito
Add ice and a sprig of mint to a highball glass
In a cocktail shaker add the rum, fresh lime juice, a handful of mint and the ice. Shake viigoursly for 20 seconds.
Pour into the highball glasses and top off with club soda and garnish with a lime wedge.
🍴 More diabetic friendly beverage recipes
📋 Substitutions and Variations
Mojitos can be made with different alcohols or no alcohol at all. Here are some of my favourite ways to enjoy them.
- Vodka - use vodka instead of rum. Some people enjoy mojitos with vodka instead.
- Strawberry - Add about 4 sliced strawberries to the cocktail shaker and make it a little more sweet and fruity.
- Cucumber - keeping it low carb while making it even cooler by adding some slices of cool cucumber to the cocktail
- Coconut - add 2 oz of coconut cream and make this a creamy coconut mojito, it's absolutely divine.
- Virgin - skip the alcohol all together and enjoy the same sweet and minty beverage without any booze.
- Soda: use any other sugar free or diet sodas you prefer like 7up, Ginger Ale, Fresca or even a flavoured zero carb sparkling water.
- Simple Syrup: If you don't have time to make the simple syrup you can easily just add your favourite low carb sweetener to your liking.
Looking for somethings else more refreshing. How about a low carb white sangria?
I used a stainless steel cocktail shaker to make these cocktails, along with a double walled ice bucket both come in handy when entertaining.
For the best flavours use the freshest mint you could find that way you will get the most intense mint flavours. Muddle the mint in the glass before adding ice but do it gently. After all if you don't like mint you likely won't be making this minty cocktail.
💭 Frequently asked questions
There is only 2g of carbs per mojito cocktail.
Check out this link for more beverage recipes on my website.
Each sugar free low carb mojito cocktail contains 71 calories.
🍽 Other recipes you may like
Please comment, rate or review my recipe below!
Sugar Free Low Carb Mojito
- 2 oz white rum
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup recipe
- 1 cup ice
- 2 wedges lime
- 4 oz club soda
- Add fresh mint (muddle - optional) with ice to a highball glass or whatever cocktail glass you prefer.
- In a cocktail shaker add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, 2 sprigs of mint and ice. Shake well for 20 seconds
- Strain evenly into both glasses and top with club soda and a wedge of lime. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This is such a tasty mojito recipe! All of the flavors come through so well; making again this weekend!
Mojito is one of my fav summer drinks. I love this low-carb version. I'm making this for sure! Thanks!!
Yessss. Low carb and sugar free mojitos? It's a WIN for me!
Wow! a low-carb beverage! this is really awesome. I would definitely try this refreshing minty cocktail. Thanks!:)
Yum! Love this mix!
You won't even know these mojitos are sugar free. Just like the real thing.