Keto Espresso Martini is a lightly sweetened strong and delicious cocktail best served to replace your after dinner coffee.
It's a rich and creamy cocktail mixed with vodka and espresso and only 2g of carbs per drink. A perfect low carb after dinner drink to enjoy with a Sugar Free Cafe Mocha Mini Cheesecake.
- Ingredients to make a low carb espresso martini
- Steps by step instructions
- Other low carb cocktails you might enjoy
- What do the three floating coffee beans signify?
- When to enjoy a keto espresso martini?
- Recipe tips for keto espresso martini cocktail
- Other recipes you might enjoy
- Keto Espresso Martini
A frothy cocoa coloured cocktail that almost looks like a guinness martini. If you love your coffee, this low carb espresso cocktail will give you all the feels.
Traditionally made with a coffee liquor but we didn't want all the sugar so we added some espresso and espresso powder to give you all the coffee flavours.
Check out this Low Carb Old Fashioned Cocktail recipe for another site favourite.
Ingredients to make a low carb espresso martini
This delicious keto cocktail is a creamy mix of heavy cream with vodka and espresso while giving it some chocolate flavours with cocoa powder.
- Vodka: a clear and colorless alcohol without a definite aroma and taste.
- Espresso: 2 cold shots of espresso give this delicious coffee martini it's strong coffee flavour.
- Heavy Cream: making this drink super creamy and rich to resemble a coffee you would have in the morning but spiked with vodka.
- Espresso Powder: adding another layer of intensity by adding this instant coffee powder.
- Cocoa Powder: just a touch of cocoa powder to give it notes of chocolate.
- Stevia: to sweeten this cocktail we used 10 drops of stevie, although you can use 1 teaspoon of my Low Carb Simple Syrup.
Steps by step instructions
How to make a keto espresso martini?
STEP 1: Add some ice partway in a martini shaker and then add all the ingrdients.
STEP 2: Shake for about 30 seconds and then strain into a 6oz martini glass.
Optionally you can dust the top of the cocktail with espresso or cocoa powder and float 3 coffee beans on top.
Other low carb cocktails you might enjoy
What do the three floating coffee beans signify?
In italy the 3 floating coffee beans served with Sambuca are called "con la mosca" which means "with the fly". The 3 beans are meant to signify health, wealth and happiness.
When to enjoy a keto espresso martini?
If it was up to me it would be any time of day or night but traditionally this type of caffeinated cocktail is enjoyed after dinner as a palate cleanser. It is perfectly balanced with the vodka and coffee.
For me, I enjoy it as an after dinner dessert rather than eating a dessert. It can also be enjoyed as a pick-me-up if I plan to have a late night.
Recipe tips for keto espresso martini cocktail
Intensity: coffee and sweetness preferences may vary. Therefore, use discretion in the amount of vodka, espresso and sweetener used in this cocktail.
Mocktail: make it alcohol free and replace the amount of vodka with water, espresso or heavy cream.
Serving: enjoy with a sweet treat like a Low Carb Amaretti or a Chocolate Fudge Cookie.
Keto Espresso Martini
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz cold espresso
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon Cacao powder
- 1 oz 35% heavy whipping cream
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup recipe alternatively to the liquid stevia
- Combine all ingredients with ice in a martini shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds and then strain into a martini glass.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
This martini is so smooth and creamy! It has the perfect texture. Yum!
I love that this cocktail feels indulgent and is delicious yet still keto-friendly so I can sip on it without feeling guilty. Keto isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be!
What is not to love. Alcohol and coffee xx
is it wrong i want this at 10am? super tasty!
This looks beyond delicious! I can’t wait to try this keto espresso martini. Thank you for this amazing recipe!