These Keto Cheesecake Cupcakes are a sugar free, creamy and delicious guilt free dessert that is super rich, light and airy.
Top with blueberries or a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy this luscious and comforting dessert. With only 2g of total carbs per cupcake, these low carb treats perfect for diabetics.
These cute keto mini cheesecakes have the right amount of sweetness and are the perfect individual serving size that helps keep those portions under control.
You don't need a springform pan or fancy gadgets for these little creamy sugar free bundles. Plus you won't have to work about those sugar spikes as these are made with low carb ingredients just like my Keto Cheesecake Bars.
Just a few simple ingredients to make these keto mini cheesecake cupcakes that you probably have in your kitchen.
- Cream cheese: softened for easy mixing, giving this cheesecake a mild sweet taste and pleasant tang.
- Almond Flour: ground blanched almonds were used for this recipe which gives it a slightly nutty flavour plus it's low carb and gluten free.
- Vanilla Extract: enhancing all the flavours in this creamy low carb cheesecake
- Erythritol: this is my favourite sweetener as I find it is the closest sweetener to sugar and as a type 2 diabetic it does not seem to spike my blood sugars.
- Butter: we used melted butter to easily mix with the almond flour to make the crust.
Steps by step instructions
How to make Keto Cheesecake Cupcakes
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Let's make the crust by using a medium size bowl, mix together the almond flour and melted butter. Once mixed, line up 12 cupcake liners on a baking sheet. Spoon out about 1 teaspoon of the crust into the silicone cupcake liners or paper cupcake liners.
Using your fingers flatten the crust out evenly in the bottom of the cupcakes.
Since these are individual cheesecakes there is no need to pre-bake the crust, it will bake together with the filling.
STEP 2: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sweetener on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 minutes on medium high speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
STEP 3: Using an ice cream scoop, divide the cream cheese filling into the cupcake liners. About one scoop is enough, if you have any extra filling spoon it out evenly amongst the 12 cupcakes.
- STEP 4: Bake the keto cheesecake cupcakes in the oven at 350°F for 16-18 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely and then store in the refrigerator overnight.
STEP 5: to make the blueberry topping place 1 cup of frozen blueberries in a saucepan and simmer it for 5 minutes or until reduced to your preference. Place in a small bowl and allow to cool completely. Spoon some of the blueberry over the cheesecakes as you consume them.
Top Tip: cheesecake is better the next day after baking. Therefore, wait until the next day before consuming these delicious keto cheesecake cupcakes.
Tip: if your cream cheese is not softened, use a paddle attachment to mix the cream cheese and then switch to the whisk attachment.
- Serving: serve with your favourite berries or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Storage: store on a dish covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- * this recipe is also gluten free
Frequently asked questions
Using oven mitts jiggle the baking pan. If the cheesecake is firm and set on the top, they are done.
Yes, after they have cooled completely you can wrap each individual cupcake in plastic wrap and then tin foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw on the kitchen counter at room temperature for 30 minutes.
This recipe uses almond flour and erythritol to keep it sugar free with minimal carbs. Therefore it may be safe for diabetics. However, all foods affect everyone differently and you should always monitor your blood sugars when trying out new recipes.
Keto Cheesecake Cupcakes with Blueberries
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Line 12 cupcake liners onto a baking tray. Mix together the butter and almond flour then spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture into the cupcake liners.
- Using your fingers press down on the mixture to evenly form the crust. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream together the cream cheese and erythritol on medium speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium/high speed for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the filling evenly into the 12 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350°F for 16-18 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool and then store covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator overnight.
- (Optional) To make the blueberry topping add 1 cup of frozen blueberries to a saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then spoon over cupcakes before consuming.
- Cheesecake is better the next day after baking. Therefore, wait until the next day before consuming these delicious keto cheesecake cupcakes.
- If your cream cheese is not softened, use a paddle attachment to mix the cream cheese and then switch to the whisk attachment.
- Nutritional is for the keto cheesecake cupcakes only and does not include the blueberries.
This recipe card provides the basic details to make this recipe. For more information, questions or variations please review the content above the recipe card.
Updates and Revisions
If conflicting information between the video and recipe card, the recipe card will always have the most up to date information, ingredients and instructions.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooked food unattended